Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   PP, From Villain's POV (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=327014)

08-31-2005 07:30 PM

PP, From Villain\'s POV

Going to try something different here. Not just another straightforward HH post, I hope--altho I know this has been done before. Onto the hand:

Villain has played a bit passively. He has a tendency to call weaker hands. PF selection is also spotty, as he called a bet/raise PF with Q3o. Hero has been playing aggressive PF, but has seen very few showdowns. Betting into him has resulted in folds, even on marginally dangerous flops.

Yeah, I played weak today. That read on myself hurt. Anyway, here we go:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: VILLAIN is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">VILLAIN raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, HERO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">VILLAIN bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises</font>, BB calls, VILLAIN calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">VILLAIN bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises</font>, BB calls, VILLAIN calls, MP calls.

River: (16.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">VILLAIN bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises</font>, BB folds, VILLAIN calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB

1.) What is Hero's range PF?
2.) Does Villain take the right lines here?
3.) What is Hero holding?
4.) How about Hero's lines?

EDIT: How about that BB's lines? Calling 2 bets to him with a completely drawless board? Also fixed Villain's position--he's UTG.

-AC

LoaferGee12 08-31-2005 07:36 PM

Re: PP, From Villain\'s POV

[ QUOTE ]

1.) What is Hero's range PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

AQs, AJs, 77, 88, KQs (maybe)

[ QUOTE ]
2.) Does Villain take the right lines here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the stop n go on the chance that Hero has 77 or 88, but I'm folding to the turn raise.

[ QUOTE ]
3.) What is Hero holding?

[/ QUOTE ]

AQs

[ QUOTE ]
4.) How about Hero's lines?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably just calling the river here. His line could mean a scared KK/AA.

DeathDonkey 08-31-2005 07:39 PM

Your post is confusing because you edited in such a way, that it still says the villain is on the button when clearly the hero is on the button. Anyway you have a set of 6s or possibly 3s and villain sucks.

-DeathDonkey

08-31-2005 07:42 PM

Point taken. Check the OP, its fixed.

-AC

VoraciousReader 08-31-2005 07:53 PM

Hero cold-called! I put him on AQo (possibly KQo but I think Hero raised too many times for that).

Personally, I like a flop 3-bet. If a weak-tightie (sorry, but it's your read) caps, call and check/fold the turn UI. If he calls and raises again on the turn, I fold.

If I don't 3-bet the flop, I probably bet/fold the turn.

In Hero's shoes, I probably just call the river, although if I knew for SURE that raising would get rid of BB...

BB is a puzzle. A3 or A6 hoping for an ace?

Edit: I didn't think about 33 or 66. With the trips I raise the river, too, although a playing 33 this way is not entirely to my taste.

@bsolute_luck 08-31-2005 09:21 PM

i don't know what Hero could have as i think any hand he has should 3-bet or fold PR especially 6-max.

setting that aside I hope: A/KQs. should we really be cold calling pocket pairs 3rd in? i don't but i'm willing to listen if people say we should....

river: i hope Hero has a set or his river raise makes no sense to me and i pray to all that's holy he doesn't have AA/KK or that is uber-weaksauce and you should be noodle-slapped.

oh and IMO, villain's line blows monkeynuts.

Deamon2 08-31-2005 09:46 PM

I put hero on 45s, for the straight

08-31-2005 10:21 PM

I must say that this post accomplished its purpose. Normally I wouldn't flip villain and hero around, but this case seemed perfect to me b/c of the beat I took here, as well as the hand I held and the fact that villain and I took incredily similar lines.

The criticism of villain's play has served me almost as much as the critique of my play. Thanks to everyone who posted.

I held 88.

-AC

Hojglad 08-31-2005 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I put hero on 45s, for the straight

[/ QUOTE ]
This in no way resembles a reasonable cold-calling hand. If hero has 45s here, he sucks. This looks more like a pocket pair or AQo/s - both of which are bad coldcalls in this situation. I'd probably fold anything below 55 here and 3 bet 66+ and AQo if I intended on playing.

LoaferGee12 08-31-2005 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must say that this post accomplished its purpose. Normally I wouldn't flip villain and hero around, but this case seemed perfect to me b/c of the beat I took here, as well as the hand I held and the fact that villain and I took incredily similar lines.

The criticism of villain's play has served me almost as much as the critique of my play. Thanks to everyone who posted.

I held 88.

-AC

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold the turn.