Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   How much is the rebuy? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326788)

bocablkr 08-31-2005 02:35 PM

How much is the rebuy?

Could someone tell me how much a rebuy cost in the following WSOP event - thanks.

Wed, Jun 8th to Fri, Jun 10th No-Limit Hold'em
Multi-Rebuy $1,000+$0

Quicksilvre 08-31-2005 02:37 PM

Re: How much is the rebuy?

The same as the buy-in, $1000. IIRC (I wasn't there myself) you could get a single rebuy before the start, unlimited single or double rebuys during the first two hours (if you had a stack size of 1000 or less), and a single or double addon at the end of the rebuy period, regardless to stack size.

bocablkr 08-31-2005 02:42 PM

Thanks so much. And DN sometimes rebuys 20+ times - WOW.

rheaume 08-31-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks so much. And DN sometimes rebuys 20+ times - WOW.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, yeah i was wondering about that. 20 rebuys in the first hour right? WHY

Jbrochu 08-31-2005 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've read, the strategy is for a great player to flood the table with chips that he plans on easily winning back at the end of the re-buy period, giving him a giant stack to play with.

rheaume 08-31-2005 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've read, the strategy is for a great player to flood the table with chips that he plans on easily winning back at the end of the re-buy period, giving him a giant stack to play with.

[/ QUOTE ]

that better be a joke

Jbrochu 08-31-2005 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that better be a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, it's not a joke... Sometimes my sarcasm meter gets out-of-whack though.

Jbrochu 08-31-2005 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that better be a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a Link to a thread where a respected 2+2'r describes using this strategy... I also read somewhere of Dan N employing it for the same reason.

Spook 08-31-2005 05:56 PM

I was playing in a rebuy the other night with a person who kept having connection issues. We played very few hands and not many people rebought.
At the end of the hour, there was one stack at the table who was above average, and taking the addon would have done nothing to increase the stack sizes to account for the huge stacks that would inevitably be moved to our table.
I ended up lossing a coin flip as a few stacks went wild at the end of the window and didn't rebuy or addon because it would have been hopeless to try to come back from being so shortstacked compared to everyone else.

rheaume 08-31-2005 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:

that better be a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a Link to a thread where a respected 2+2'r describes using this strategy... I also read somewhere of Dan N employing it for the same reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, wow. thats a new one to me.

hmm lets see how this strategy worked for mr kid poker

http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/result10846.htm

looks like he didnt cash.

not criticizing the man himself or his play of course, but at first glance, that strategy seems wack as jack.

also tourney tables break up occasionally, right? bye bye chips?