Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Entertaining, but not obnoxious. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326762)

jedi 08-31-2005 01:49 PM

Entertaining, but not obnoxious.

I was perusing a forum that someone here linked to regarding Dan Druff's portrayal on ESPN. He defended himself by saying that he was just trying to be entertaining and that the editing made him out to be a bad guy.

I hear this more often than I should, that people are just entertaining, and shouldn't be called obnoxious just because that's not how they are in real life, etc. Josh Arieh in 2004 comes to mind. I'm sure the man is nice in real life, but he was damn obnoxious at the tables then.

Anyways, to try to provide a counterpoint to this argument. There surely are people that are outgoing and entertaining and may even talk a little trash, but without being obnoxious at the tables.

Marcel Luske comes to mind. Any others?

DDH 08-31-2005 01:55 PM

Re: Entertaining, but not obnoxious.

The guy who spent the whole final table talking to his hands last night made me smile.

jjnidguy 08-31-2005 01:55 PM

unabomber

jjnidguy 08-31-2005 01:57 PM

Perry Friedman, he actually busted me in that tournament, he was sitting down with me at the same time phil hellmuth was,

Phil was about ten times more entertaining.

kevstreet 08-31-2005 03:03 PM

Scotty Ngyun

tek 08-31-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The guy who spent the whole final table talking to his hands last night made me smile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was funny. It was actually a take-off of a guy named Senor Wences who used to be on the Ed Sullivan Show on a regular basis (ask your parents or grandparents...)

Easy E 08-31-2005 04:20 PM

It's called class, for those that obviously don't understand the concept.

See Fossilman and Jesus and The Professor, NOT Josh and The Mouth and The Screaming Swede

jedi 08-31-2005 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's called class, for those that obviously don't understand the concept.

See Fossilman and Jesus and The Professor, NOT Josh and The Mouth and The Screaming Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the concept of class, but that's not what I was getting at. Raymer/Ferguson/Lederer are all classy, but they don't really qualify as "entertaining" in my book.

I'm talking about someone that's both classy and outgoing, not obnoxious.

ismisus 08-31-2005 08:16 PM

marcel luske takes cake.

Quicksilvre 08-31-2005 10:06 PM

Chau Giang shows some personality without being annoying.