Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AA HU on 4flush board, and A6o HU easy river bet? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326513)

bottomset 08-31-2005 03:49 AM

AA HU on 4flush board, and A6o HU easy river bet?

villian is loose, and pretty aggressive

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: bottomset is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, bottomset calls.

I call here, planning on raising a good turn

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

doh, I'm getting 5.5/2 on the calldown

River: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

villian is pretty loose, and agressive enough to raise the midpairs, when he leads the flop its prob anypair ... am I passing up value by checking behind on the river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: bottomset is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">bottomset bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, bottomset bets?

aK13 08-31-2005 04:10 AM

Re: AA HU on 4flush board, and A6o HU easy river bet?

I dont think you're getting called by worse hands in Hand 2.

Hand 1 -- were you waiting to raise a safe turn?

bottomset 08-31-2005 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think you're getting called by worse hands in Hand 2.

Hand 1 -- were you waiting to raise a safe turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

hand1: yes I was waiting, he's prob leading out with a club, a pair, or something like 76

@bsolute_luck 08-31-2005 05:26 AM

hand #2: why not 3-bet that flop?

Disconnected 08-31-2005 02:35 PM

Hand 1: I feel a little bad calling down here, but don't think I could fold it. If villain were not aggressive, I think I'd let it go -- pot is not that big.

Hand 2: My initial reaction was that I would check behind, but I think you get paid off here a fair amount, actually, so I say bet it. If he had Tx, I think he would have led the turn. More likely, if he has a hand, it's 4x or 6x, which he'd call.

bottomset 08-31-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand #2: why not 3-bet that flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

um you mean raise?? I think that scares all the hands I beat, and costs me a bunch extra when behind.

imported_The Vibesman 08-31-2005 03:02 PM

Hand 1: I honestly think the river bet screams, "I have at least one club," but I don't think I could lay down ze Aces for one bet on the river. I do think an aggressive player could easily bet the turn without a club, but after being called I'm not sure that he just doesn't freeze up on the river. I make too many loose river calls, I think, and I'm trying to find folds...but I don't know if I've got the stones here to fold.

Hand 2: I check the river. May be weak.

Redd 08-31-2005 03:14 PM

Hand 1:
Since Villain is aggy, I like waiting until the turn because there's a good chance he'll lead again. I think we gotta fold the turn in this size pot though. 1/4 of the time, you'll be playing the board by the river, and just by combinatrix he'll have a club ~1 time in 3ish.

Hand 2: I think we're best pretty often here. Villain is folding very often but may pay off with a worse pair, and it's unlikely he's drawn out on us based on the lack of aggression. So I'd value-bet.

droolie 08-31-2005 03:23 PM

Hand 1: I'm raising the flop but otherwise I like it.

Hand 2: Definite river value bet.

DeathDonkey 08-31-2005 03:23 PM

Hand 1 is fine. Hand 2 I bet river and raise flop. Raise flop because I'm raising alot of flops there.

-DeathDonkey