Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How to play this SB hand, 2/5 NL Wynn Deep Stacks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326361)

Xelent 08-30-2005 11:35 PM

How to play this SB hand, 2/5 NL Wynn Deep Stacks

Hero (~$5000) is SB with 67. Villain (~$2500) is UTG and limps as do two others. Flop comes 256 rainbow. I lead for $20 and get called by just the villain. I had a couple ideas of what he could of had. He was an intelligent thinking player, but sometimes tough to put on a hand. I had only been at table for about 30 minutes.

Turn comes 7 for a board of 2567. I lead for $40 and he raises me to $140. I think for a while and call.

River comes T giving a possible, but unlikely backdoor flush for a final board of 2567T. Hero checks, villain bets $300.

How should I of played this hand differently and should I call the river bet. Could he have been going for a back-raise with AA? Does he have a small set and isn't scared of the strait?

creedofhubris 08-30-2005 11:52 PM

Re: How to play this SB hand, 2/5 NL Wynn Deep Stacks

[ QUOTE ]
Hero (~$5000) is SB with 67. Villain (~$2500) is UTG and limps as do two others. Flop comes 256 rainbow. I lead for $20 and get called by just the villain. I had a couple ideas of what he could of had. He was an intelligent thinking player, but sometimes tough to put on a hand. I had only been at table for about 30 minutes.

Turn comes 7 for a board of 2567. I lead for $40 and he raises me to $140. I think for a while and call.

River comes T giving a possible, but unlikely backdoor flush for a final board of 2567T. Hero checks, villain bets $300.

How should I of played this hand differently and should I call the river bet. Could he have been going for a back-raise with AA? Does he have a small set and isn't scared of the strait?

[/ QUOTE ]

You played it fine.

He's either got an overpair or a set, you'll have to decide which one.

You shouldn't be raising, it's call or fold.

Xelent 08-31-2005 12:00 AM

Should I have folded on the turn raise? In my first few orbits, I got in a couple of hands with him where I won a large pot, making him fold 2 pair (I had a set, good fold) and I thought there was a chance he was making a move. But he also was showing discipline at the right moments so it was tough. I also still don't know wether or not to call the river and if I should go for a blocking bet.

creedofhubris 08-31-2005 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have folded on the turn raise? In my first few orbits, I got in a couple of hands with him where I won a large pot, making him fold 2 pair (I had a set, good fold)

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on how villain plays.

If he's tight enough to have folded 2 pair earlier, you might be in trouble.

There's no easy answer here.

Jason Strasser 08-31-2005 12:12 AM

If he cant fool u and raise u with a worse hand on the river to get u to fold, you may want to block it. If he's a tough player I like your line you just gotta go with your gut and fold or call.

-Jason

AZK 08-31-2005 10:03 AM

You guys like the turn lead? I don't know if I lead the turn here most of the time....bad?

lapoker17 08-31-2005 10:11 AM

You think he limped UTG w 34?

AZK 08-31-2005 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You think he limped UTG w 34?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but he has to either have a hand he will bet with or bluff with, so I wouldn't mind having him bet the turn? Then I can lead river? no? Lead change on every street? Blah?

mgsimpleton 08-31-2005 10:22 AM

i usually check/call turn, lead river to get most value out of overpairs and be able to fold to a raise and get away not too expensively vs better hands

AZK 08-31-2005 10:25 AM

exactly what I was thinking.