Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Pocket 5's Just a good hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326232)

Havok 08-30-2005 08:03 PM

Pocket 5\'s Just a good hand

Late in a AP $6 SNG (3 players left)

BB 1000

SB Villian (2,900)
B Hero (4,600)
BB (3,600)

Villian has been very aggressive three handed and has raised all in when I flat called on the button before.

Hero is dealt 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero calls 1,000 to trap villian

Villian reraises all in. Pot is now 4,900

BB folds. Hero calls

Villian shows A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero wins with Quad Fives.

I then went on to win, just wanted to share. I just love quads.

yid3655 08-30-2005 08:07 PM

Re: Pocket 5\'s Just a good hand

Push this every time, have no idea what you mean about trapping with 55 with blinds so high

mlagoo 08-30-2005 08:07 PM

Trapping with 55 is pretty close to godawful.

DCIAce 08-30-2005 08:11 PM

You played the hand horribly, then won a coinflip.. why the brag post? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

BigHobo 08-30-2005 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trapping with 55 is pretty close to godawful.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

Havok 08-30-2005 08:15 PM

Sorry, I should have given more info. Villian has been very aggressive and gone all in with very marginal hands where I called before. I figured I was a favorite to take all of his chips if I just flat called. I figured he would make a move with anything. He woke up with Ace Queen, and I did get lucky. Mostly everyone is right, I should have just pushed pre-flop. But, the guy was pushing with 9/3 offsuit, and got lucky to knock out another player. Hope you guys don't berate me too much.

08-30-2005 08:18 PM

You have to understand the importance of a push here. The majority of hands are about a coin flip to you, and many of them will incorrectly fold to your push.

KramerTM 08-30-2005 08:20 PM

Why are we trapping Villain with a hand that any 2 plays well against? I don't like it.

Havok 08-30-2005 08:25 PM

Well, I did want some comments and everyone has spoken. Trapping with pocket 5's bad. I figured I was at leat a slight favorite against ace high, and wanted to get called. But, I know it could have gone the other way too. The way I look at it. Is this is any different than playing pocket kings. If an ace flops, I'm done too. As a matter of fact, the last few times I've had kings they were very unlucky for me against ace high. But, I went in with the best hand here. Although technically I would have loved to see that flop first.

KramerTM 08-30-2005 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I did want some comments and everyone has spoken. Trapping with pocket 5's bad. I figured I was at leat a slight favorite against ace high, and wanted to get called. But, I know it could have gone the other way too. The way I look at it. Is this is any different than playing pocket kings. If an ace flops, I'm done too. As a matter of fact, the last few times I've had kings they were very unlucky for me against ace high. But, I went in with the best hand here. Although technically I would have loved to see that flop first.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many overs do pocket Kings have? Now how many do pocket 5s have? Subtract the second number from the first number. If that number is more than 3 or so, it's too high.

To turn the tables, would you ever trap with 22? Of course not.

FWIW, if I knew my opponent had Q3o here, I'd prefer a fold from him to a call of my push. Does that help clear things up?