Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   running bad (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=326033)

bustedchucks 08-30-2005 02:58 PM

running bad

i went to the bar yesterday for happy hour. the deal is: everytime you order a drink they flip a coin, you guess right it's free; you guess wrong your paying.

me: 0 for 5

i know, i know, variance...small sample size...blah blah blah. but it's hard when some donkey of a bar keep keeps hitting his one outer.
i went on tilt, at the buzzer i ordered a shot to try and recoup some losses
me: 0 for 6

DOH!!!

but the evening had some redeeming value, when my buddy went to the bathroom we had the bartender give this awful looking beast at the other side of the bar a drink and tell her it was from my friend. she came over to thank him and hilarity ensued.

jakethebake 08-30-2005 03:02 PM

Re: running bad

[ QUOTE ]
but the evening had some redeeming value, when my buddy went to the bathroom we had the bartender give this awful looking beast at the other side of the bar a drink and tell her it was from my friend. she came over to thank him and hilarity ensued.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, but we need more details!

tdarko 08-30-2005 03:04 PM

why would a bar do this? maybe you should check both sides of that coin.

TheMainEvent 08-30-2005 03:06 PM

What if you want to order a round for 10 people? Flip 10 times or flip once for all 10? If it's the latter, awesome.

jakethebake 08-30-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would a bar do this? maybe you should check both sides of that coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are several bars around here that do it. It's just a gimmick. Basically the same thing as half-price driunks.

jakethebake 08-30-2005 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if you want to order a round for 10 people? Flip 10 times or flip once for all 10? If it's the latter, awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the first one. But you realize it's the same thing right? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

HopeydaFish 08-30-2005 03:09 PM

Come back when you have a sample size of at least a million flips.

TheMainEvent 08-30-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's the first one. But you realize it's the same thing right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course its the same EV, but not for the thrill factor.

codewarrior 08-30-2005 03:11 PM

You do realize it isn't.... right?

Ugh. Life hates me today, I'm very riled up. I'm going to go club a seal or run over a groundhog or something.

tdarko 08-30-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are several bars around here that do it. It's just a gimmick. Basically the same thing as half-price driunks.

[/ QUOTE ]
half price drinks is way different than half the drinks (in the long run) being free.

my point is is that this must be a shitty bar to have to pull something like this, there are plenty of specials you can use to attract customers that are a lot better for the bar.