Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AA 4 handed against Blind raise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=324554)

orange 08-28-2005 03:32 PM

AA 4 handed against Blind raise

.10/.25 NL 4 handed live. Stacks are all average, ranging $15-$30. Game is composed of one rock, a calling station/LAG type player, a TAG(myself),and a maniac.

Villan is the maniac, who raises blind every round when he's first to act. He is a good player who can play well postflop, and usually is a TAG in a 9 handed game. He respects me and I usually respect him. I have ~$30 and cover villan by a little.

Villan raises to $2 blind UTG (standard raise).
Hero is dealt AA in LP and raises to $7
all fold to villan, who calls.

($14) Flop: 3 K K (suites unimportant)
Villan checks
Hero checks

($14) Turn: 4
Villan bets $5
Hero calls $5

($24) River: 2
Villan bets $9
Hero folds

I figure it is a WA/WB situation. Considering that villan respects me, I feel he isn't betting without a K. Thoughts?

Malachii 08-28-2005 03:57 PM

Re: AA 4 handed against Blind raise

I'd call the river, given your read. I try not to make big laydowns versus maniacs. You're obviously in a better position to decide if he's capable of bluffing here with air than I am though. Very well played otherwise.

elus2 08-28-2005 04:03 PM

why are you calling the turn but folding a small river bet?

DoomSlice 08-28-2005 04:04 PM

Too bad you got beaten by QQ...

orange 08-28-2005 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good question, and it went through my thought process during the hand. I felt that nearly 80% of the time, villan will stab on the turn and check/fold the river with air. Since he respects me, I felt he couldn't have made this move without a K.

Jdiddy 08-28-2005 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good question, and it went through my thought process during the hand. I felt that nearly 80% of the time, villan will stab on the turn and check/fold the river with air. Since he respects me, I felt he couldn't have made this move without a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

checking the flop and betting 1\3 pot on the turn and 1\3 pot on the river is now a "move"?

i call this all day and expect aces to be good the majority of the time.

orange 08-28-2005 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since he respects me

[/ QUOTE ]

This is crucial. I have played with villan for almost 2 years, and he generally stays out of my way, and I out of his. I think both of these bets are value bets.

If anyone is intrested, he showed K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] after the hand. He said he was sick of being 'bitched' around and let emotions get to him. Thanks for the replies.