Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HORSE and SHOE events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322800)

jjnidguy 08-25-2005 04:39 PM

HORSE and SHOE events

Was just wondering if anyone knew how the HORSE and SHOE events usually go.

Is it a hand of hold em, a hand of omaha, a hand of razz etc.

or is it dealers choice?

does anyone know of any places that still have open HORSE SHOE tables?

drewjustdrew 08-25-2005 04:42 PM

Re: HORSE and SHOE events

Every level they play a different game for tourneys.

For cash games they usually rotate games per round. So, since they play 8 max, every 8 hands they play a different game in a specific sequence. No dealer's choice. That would be called "dealer's choice", not horse, shoe, etc.

Muck off 08-25-2005 10:48 PM

im bout to start throwin horse nights at my house, except take 8's better out for triple draw 2-7...the only problem is most idiots only know hold em

poker327 08-25-2005 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only problem is most idiots only know hold em

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it a problem? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Muck off 08-26-2005 12:35 AM

i get ur drift, but then you either have to hear them complain about the different games, or you gotta explain the rules over and over again...i was at a house once and they said dealer choice and i chose stud and someone was complaining????how the hell do you not know how to play stud for godsake

MarkD 08-26-2005 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i get ur drift, but then you either have to hear them complain about the different games, or you gotta explain the rules over and over again...i was at a house once and they said dealer choice and i chose stud and someone was complaining????how the hell do you not know how to play stud for godsake

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't act so holier-than-thou. Holdem is the most popular game. Period. For the vast majority of people there is no reason to learn to play another form of poker - especially a form like Razz which is essentially almost dead.

I can understand the appeal of playing other games, and I like to myself, but looking down on others because they don't is simply assinine and absurb.

shaniac 08-26-2005 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't act so holier-than-thou. Holdem is the most popular game. Period. For the vast majority of people there is no reason to learn to play another form of poker - especially a form like Razz which is essentially almost dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about Hold 'Em, but it's interesting that the Razz tourney at the WSOP this year had a pretty big turnout, and I think a lot of players were playing the game for the first time. I tend to think other games would be remain viable and popular if they were promoted with a fraction of the consistency of Hold 'Em.

Muck off 08-29-2005 02:14 AM

holier then thou???wtf are you talking about..im not acting like anything i just find it funny when people say they like to play poker and all they play is holdem.

hbaromega 08-29-2005 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
people say they like to play poker and all they play is holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]
holdem is poker, therefore if they like to play holdem, then they like to play poker.

Shoe 08-29-2005 07:14 PM

When and where are these "SHOE" events? I'm flattered to have an event named after me but was not informed. Am I required to make an appearance?