Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   TV Show recommendations (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322456)

08-25-2005 03:49 AM

TV Show recommendations

I don't watch alot of TV because 90% of it is mindless garbage. It's amazing how much crap is out there. But there's a few shows that I'll set time out to watch. The Daily Show, Battlestar Galactica, Real Time, and with my Netflix subcribtion I've been watching The Shield and ST: DS9. I'm also looking forward to HBO's new show Rome. Any suggestions for a new tv show?

Jaskohouston 08-25-2005 03:53 AM

Re: TV Show recommendations

There's only a few shows left this season, but Rescue Me is the best show on TV right now. Get Season 1 on Netflix in a hurry, you will really like it.

I'm also a big fan of Arrested Development and Lost. And no shame in this, I can't wait for the OC to start back up. Just damn solid TV.

YourFoxyGrandma 08-25-2005 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Arrested Development and Lost

[/ QUOTE ]

08-25-2005 03:59 AM

Tommy Lee Goes to College should be at the top of your list.

Jaskohouston 08-25-2005 04:02 AM

Also, don't forget the informercial that just came on here.

The legendary title...

"Making Money Quick and Easy At Your Kitchen Table In Your Underwear"

I swear I'm not kidding. The first thing the chick said was "Are you tired of working hard?"

chuddo 08-25-2005 04:08 AM

i watched part of this infomercial last night.

it cracked me up that its major selling point was "do it in your underwear!"

Malcom Reynolds 08-25-2005 04:16 AM

Firefly.

When you're done with that watch Lost.

Finally, The Sopranos, Alias and 24 should meet general approval with the people here and they are great shows (though Alias has been going down the drain, but the first two seasons are awesome).

But the secret is that Buffy, Angel and Gilmore Girls are three of the best written hourlong dramas to grace television, but nobody takes them seriously enough to sit down and watch a few episodes and realize how good they are. Too bad, I guess.

Jaskohouston 08-25-2005 04:19 AM

Firefly was great. I didn't pick it up until a few months ago, from netflix, but I was hooked.

Can't wait for the movie to come out. Hopefully it will do well enough to get at least a couple more made.

08-25-2005 04:21 AM

I forgot to mention the Sopranos and Arrested Development. Firefly is next on the list. I saw the first episode and it was great. You guys sure about Lost? Also need to see Buffy. Will look into Rescue Me.

private joker 08-25-2005 04:32 AM

"Stella" on Comedy Central.