Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fish List Maintenance & Table Selection (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322321)

Warik 08-24-2005 11:33 PM

Fish List Maintenance & Table Selection

Of course, good table selection is just as (if not more) important than the other fundamental skills we must develop to be successful at SH play.

And... of course... unless you have a freakin computer in your head, it's hard to keep track of all of your fish and know whether you want to be at Fishy A's table vs. Fishy B's & C's table.

Up until now I've just been playing my games and adding people to my list whose VPIP is on the high side and whose overall aggression levels are on the low side (and I add the blatant maniacs as well)... but playing 4 games at a time for hours each day makes this list insanely long.

When it's time to pick a table the next day I have so many fish that I don't know which table to go to... and a lot of these people, yeah, they are fish, but are they ALL fishy enough to become part of my table selection procedure?

I guess what I'm asking is:

1. How do you determine who gets a spot on your fish list? (stat-wise)

2. How do you decide which fishy's table you want to go to over the other fishies? Do you look at their stats in PT while you do this? Even when changing tables?

3. Do you ever take anybody OFF your fishy list? I've got people on here from $3/$6 and $5/$10 who I keep clicking on when searching for tables and see they uselessly playing on $5/$10 tables. Maybe I should look at when I last played with them in PT and take those who off who haven't been seen in 2 weeks?

thx. discuss.

TheMetetron 08-24-2005 11:37 PM

Re: Fish List Maintenance & Table Selection

I don't use a fish list.

I open poker-edge, open a table, find the VP$IP above 40 with position on a good fish or two and I'm ready to go.

Warik 08-24-2005 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I open poker-edge

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to get banned.

Also... can't you really not get position on a fish because of the waiting lists? Doesn't it really end up being the luck of the draw? Or do you start off on tables with 3-4 players and let them fill up? I haven't tried that... maybe I should.

ZZZ 08-25-2005 12:17 AM

I don't do much in the way of table selection. Just randomly sit at a few tables, and if one seems bad after a few rounds, I usually get up and find a new one.

My BB/100 might go up a few tenths if I had a better plan. But I want to get better and move up in limits and I figure playing tough tables occasionally will help there. Also, enough mistakes are made by decent players that I feel my A game should be +EV at pretty much any table at my current limit.

ZZZ

helpmeout 08-25-2005 12:23 AM

I add people with High VPIP and high WTSD stats or just extremely bad players. 65+ vpip 45+ wtsd usually or 60/50

You want to have people who standout not just people you find at any table.

When you move up limits delete your list and start again.

08-25-2005 12:38 AM

Here's how I select tables:

1. Sit down at a table.

2. Type sup bro into the chat box.

3. If more than two people respond, I leave.

Victor 08-25-2005 12:47 AM

i never reply to sup bro or any of those q's. if someone addresses me i wont hold back any info tho.

the thing is its pretty easy to recognize 2ers from their vpip/pfr.

Victor 08-25-2005 12:49 AM

i use practically no table selection. sometimes (rarely) i actually think to myself that a table is bad. then i just adjust and stay. someone will leave and a fish will show up.

i do list the super donators but rarely are they available.

gildwulf 08-25-2005 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Sit down at a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much why saying sup bro and responding is +EV. If you mark someone as 2+2er, you are more likely to avoid a table they are at in the future (unless it's really juicy). If you are the person responding, this means less 2+2ers sitting down with you. Everyone wins.

I always start with a sup bro.

Victor 08-25-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1. Sit down at a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much why saying sup bro and responding is +EV. If you mark someone as 2+2er, you are more likely to avoid a table they are at in the future (unless it's really juicy). If you are the person responding, this means less 2+2ers sitting down with you. Everyone wins.

I always start with a sup bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

most 2ers are ok to have at my table as long as there is 1 fish.