Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   river action.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322286)

DcifrThs 08-24-2005 10:32 PM

river action....

fairly tight game w/ 2 soft spots. SS1 in this hand open limps in CO. he is 41/18/1.

villian in this hand is BU and im in the sb w/ AJo...villian iso raises the fish. villian is a good thinking player.

i 3bet my AJo and fish calls and villian calls.

flop TT9 no flush draw, i bet fish folds BU calls.

turn is a 2 still no real draws. i bet BU calls.

river is another 2. what is the proper river action?

-Barron

ALL1N 08-24-2005 10:36 PM

Re: river action....

If he's good like you say, a CR won't work, so check call makes sense.

DcifrThs 08-24-2005 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what is villian's hand range? why wont a c'r work? im not stating my opinion but asking clarifying questions.

-Barron

ggbman 08-24-2005 10:43 PM

In my opinion, this is a check call. If he wasnt ditching an ace before, he's certainly not now that he splits with A-K or A-Q. He might have a small PP here, hard to say given the action. I don't see any value in better, and i think you obviously want to show this down, so c/c seems best.

ALL1N 08-24-2005 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is villian's hand range? why wont a c'r work? im not stating my opinion but asking clarifying questions.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Range? Ax, 88-33, and KQ/KJ/QJ type stuff.

Why won't it work? Because a good player knows that betting Ax here only leads to trouble.

ggbman 08-24-2005 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A guestimate of his hand range is A-T-AK, KQ, KQ, any pair 44 or bigger. This is a rough guestimate, you probably know better than me. AK and AQ are unlikely given his action postflop and preflop, because he should realize you realize he's isolating. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Anyway, since most of these hand won't bet the river, except the PP which always will, the c/r seems futile against most of the hands i think he is willing to bet IMO.

Gabe

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

ike 08-24-2005 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Why won't it work? Because a good player knows that betting Ax here only leads to trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree he's not betting Ax, but is he folding 33-88?

ggbman 08-24-2005 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
No he's almost never folding a pair here, which is why i feel a c/r is futile against the hands he bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree he's not betting Ax, but is he folding 33-88?

[/ QUOTE ]

DcifrThs 08-24-2005 11:03 PM

RESULTS etc... DONT LOOK yet if you dont wanna know...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A guestimate of his hand range is A-T-AK, KQ, KQ, any pair 44 or bigger. This is a rough guestimate, you probably know better than me . AK and AQ are unlikely given his action postflop and preflop, because he should realize you realize he's isolating. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Anyway, since most of these hand won't bet the river, except the PP which always will, the c/r seems futile against most of the hands i think he is willing to bet IMO.

Gabe

[/ QUOTE ]

funny you should say that Gabe. I was the villian.

ike was the sb.

he had AJo and check called my river bet.

i had 44 and MHWG. i posted this b/c its tough from ike's perspective to have a correct river action...in the end it looks like c'c is best.

-Barron

ggbman 08-24-2005 11:08 PM

Re: RESULTS etc... DONT LOOK yet if you dont wanna know...

Yay i'm getting better at these! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I like the way both of you played the hand.