Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Chip Logs (No Content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321944)

BoxTree 08-24-2005 01:33 PM

Chip Logs (No Content)

Who does this? (Chip logs are stacked so that the chip edge is perpendicular to the table.)

Most players who make logs tend to keep a few normal stacks in front so they don't need to count chips off of their logs when betting.

swede123 08-24-2005 01:35 PM

Re: Chip Logs (No Content)

An interesting approach. I may have to try it out sometime. Currently I use two methods: 1 - stacked in piles of 20 and 2 - piled in a big-ass pile in front of me (when I want to mix it up, usually as I'm losing more than I'm winning).

Swede

Patrick del Poker Grande 08-24-2005 02:00 PM

I've never seen anyone other than Old Man River use this technique. It's quite annoying.

BoxTree 08-24-2005 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen anyone other than Old Man River use this technique. It's quite annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could see it being annoying at NL since it could be hard to tell how many chips that player has.

But I can't see why this would be annoying in limit (unless the logs spilled over into the next player's area).

Patrick del Poker Grande 08-24-2005 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could see it being annoying at NL since it could be hard to tell how many chips that player has.

But I can't see why this would be annoying in limit (unless the logs spilled over into the next player's area).

[/ QUOTE ]
It ends up being a lot like the idiots who keep their chips in the rack (where it's allowed). They end up counting them out one-by-one and it takes forever. Plus, if he goes on a decent run and gets a lot of chips, they get in the way.

Plus, it's just annoying to look at.

swede123 08-24-2005 03:38 PM

I'll remember this next time I'm at a table with you. My chip pile will put you on crazy tilt!!!11!!1

Swede

Patrick del Poker Grande 08-24-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll remember this next time I'm at a table with you. My chip pile will put you on crazy tilt!!!11!!1

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking of trying it myself, actually. The only problem is that I don't think hardly anybody would even notice up there.

I think next time, I'm just going to try to stack my chips as high as possible. The only problem with that is the tables up there seem to get bumped a lot and are pretty shaky. I doubt I'll be in the mood to go searching for all 37 of my white chips all over the floor and under the table.

Bulldog 08-25-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(Chip logs are stacked so that the chip edge is perpendicular to the table.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If the edge of the chip is perpendicular to the table, it sounds like a normal stack to me.

BoxTree 08-26-2005 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(Chip logs are stacked so that the chip edge is perpendicular to the table.)

[/ QUOTE ]

If the edge of the chip is perpendicular to the table, it sounds like a normal stack to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes. I guess the edge of the chip is parallel to the table. Or the chip face is perpendicular. My mistake.