Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A fold I should make more? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321899)

goofball 08-24-2005 12:36 PM

A fold I should make more?

I open on the button, blind calls. in 50 hands he's 66/6. Agg doesn't mean anything useful in 50 hands. In other hands he's called all the way with second pair on a 3flushed flop, um. that's the only hand I can remember off the top of my head.

So I open with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], he calls.

flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

he checks, i bet, he raises, i 3bet, he caps i call.

turn is an 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

he bets, I fold.

goofball 08-24-2005 02:06 PM

Re: A fold I should make more?

bump

Wynton 08-24-2005 02:09 PM

Against an unknown, I do not think this is a fold. In other words, an unknown player, I think, can take these actions with a worse hand than you.

But frankly, I'm not sure how to interpret your remarks about the player.

Redd 08-24-2005 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In other words, an unknown player, I think, can take these actions with a worse hand than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What worse hand would an unknown play this way often enough to justify showing down?

goofball 08-24-2005 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you don't know what kind of a read those actinos should produce? or because I was rambling and incoherent?

Wynton 08-24-2005 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you don't know what kind of a read those actinos should produce? or because I was rambling and incoherent?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think it's because I don't know how that read would translate into action in this hand. Also, I'm not a "numbers guy" at all.

As for worse hands that could call, I think some people would take the actions of the villain here with a smaller pair.

Roy6 08-24-2005 02:22 PM

You played this fine IMO.

sammy_g 08-24-2005 02:24 PM

If you plan to fold to a turn bet, should you instead fold to the flop cap? He is always going to lead the turn, and I don't think we have odds to chase 2 outs on the flop.

goofball 08-24-2005 02:31 PM

I try when possible to provide more relevant info about the player than a read like "lag" or whatever. Especially if I'm not 100% about what most of their actions mean/will be. This was basically the info I was going on when the hand took place. Also i guess 60/6 didn't feel complete, I wasn't ready to classify him as a passive monkey calling station yet.

Maulik 08-24-2005 02:36 PM

I think you have to call this down.