Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   SNG level equivalent to 3-6 limit? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321881)

08-24-2005 12:07 PM

SNG level equivalent to 3-6 limit?

I did a search and didn't really come up with much definitive....

Basically, I'm getting bored with playing limit. I'd like to break the routine and play SNG's for a while. The question is, what level of SNG's is comparable to playing 3/6 6-max limit? I make about 3BB/100 at limit. So, call it about $25 and hour.

If I have 30% ROI on a SNG (something I saw from a FAQ here), and each takes an hour, .3 * X = 25 ~= $80 SNGs! Seems like a tremendously large SNG, way past my comfort zone.

So, do people play 2 smaller SNGs at the same time typically? I usually play two 3/6 tables, so that'd be in my comfort zone as far as multi-tabling.

Hornacek 08-24-2005 12:15 PM

Re: SNG level equivalent to 3-6 limit?

if you can, try 4-tabling $33 sng... that seems to be a good fit for you.

just play very tight early game, hope the donks knock each other out, and try to pick up chips with your strong hands against these donks.

EnderFFX 08-24-2005 12:15 PM

Start at the $10's and move your way up.

jdl22 08-24-2005 12:18 PM

I would say play two 33s, seems about right. Probably your ev will be a bit lower, especially since you aren't a sng player but starting there should work. Play a couple if you think the play is over your head move down and if you're comfortable move up but I would guess $30+3 is where you should be.

wiggs73 08-24-2005 12:22 PM

NL SNGs and limit ring games are so vastly different that I don't think you can make a meaningful comparison between the two. The fact that you are a winning limit player is good, but there are so many strategical adjustments that you're going to have to make, that you could easily be a break-even or losing player at SNGs, at least early on. I'd start at the 10s and play those until I got a feel for the strategy. After that, feel free to move up as you and your bankroll see fit. There isn't a huge difference between the 11s and the 33s although there are better players at each level. The difference in skill levels between each of the higher levels is pretty large between each level.

bluef0x 08-24-2005 12:24 PM

I don't know how people are making comparisons and suggesting starting at 33s... but SnGs are different compared to limit. I say start at the 10s and work your way up... try to 4 table them- it's not hard at all and you can make close to $25/hr doing it.

raptor517 08-24-2005 12:28 PM

you wont be anywhere near a 30% roi at the 33s. the big buyin drop for the 55s would be around 50 buyins, so about 2750.. the 33s you may do 40 buyins as a big amount, so 1320ish. as you can see.. the equivalent level is somewhere in between, probably closer to the 33s. now.. the best sngers at the 33 level probably get MAYBE 16%, but thats with mad multitables.

with sngs, you can play more tables than in limit ring, as the decisions are much more basic. to beat them you can basically fold everything early and shove half your hands late. i dont recommend starting at the 33 level though. start at the 10s and work your way up until you feel comfortable. come over to the stt forum and post up some questions and well be glad to help you out.

as far as multitabling goes.. i used to 12 table anywhere from the 55s to the 109s, and 8 table the 215s. now, im trying to learn limit and im playing 8 tables of 3-6. obviously i am rolled for a bigger game, but you have to kn ow you can beat the game first. start out at those 10s. as you move up you will be more comfortable, and will even be able to add tables. hope to see ya round. holla

edit.. yea i thought this was in the small stakes forum.. ignore whatever i said that makes it seem as though its not in the sttf. bleh, too early.. class soon.. holla

raptor517 08-24-2005 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how people are making comparisons and suggesting starting at 33s... but SnGs are different compared to limit. I say start at the 10s and work your way up... try to 4 table them- it's not hard at all and you can make close to $25/hr doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

its actually not going to be around 25 an hour. to do that, your roi needs to be greater than 40%. not too likely even at the 10s. holla

Wes ManTooth 08-24-2005 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you can, try 4-tabling $33 sng... that seems to be a good fit for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, definately don't start like this.

bluef0x 08-24-2005 12:34 PM

Sorry... I have mix stats of 11s and 22s. Just a question- SnG tracker says I make $7/hour, but it doesn't include the fact that I 4-table + rakeback right?

Shouldn't take him too long to get up to 22s and make $25 an hour then :P