Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Play this the same way? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320297)

Augustus3000 08-22-2005 11:25 AM

Play this the same way?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___calls

4th Street - (7.00 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (5.50 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (7.50 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (9.50 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: 9.50 BB

The lead off bet on 4th was in hopes the preflop reraiser would raise and knock out the other guy, which he did. u play it the same way?

lstream 08-22-2005 11:43 AM

Re: Play this the same way?

I would likely play it the same. I'm guessing you lost to either pocket queens or pocket kings, with the queens being most likely.

Bartholow 08-22-2005 12:46 PM

Seems fine to me.

Augustus3000 08-22-2005 01:17 PM

QQ

djr 08-22-2005 01:22 PM

Is folding 5th too weak-tight? You gotta figure the guy is pushing with something better than jacks, either a big pair in the hole or rolled up [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
With a low kicker you're the underdog unless you think he's bluffing the whole way.

BeerMoney 08-22-2005 01:26 PM

More interestingly.. What if he bets the river?

Or.. What if you hit two pair on the river... What's your play?

Roland 08-23-2005 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
More interestingly.. What if he bets the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I’d say it’s a fold. He’s not in there with fives, right?

[ QUOTE ]
Or.. What if you hit two pair on the river... What's your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I’d bet. His cards are somewhat dead (only one five left, and you both have an ace and a deuce). I think he has about 10 out to two pairs or better with 35 unseen cards. So if you think he will raise every time when he hits, it really doesn’t matter. But since most players don’t raise enough on the river, you should come out way ahead.
Better still if you are confident enough to fold to a raise…

Andy B 08-23-2005 08:32 PM

I play this the same way most of the time.