Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party asking to change name (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320212)

J_B 08-22-2005 05:28 AM

Party asking to change name

This is new. Had the same screen name for nearly a year. Now they want me to change. O well, maybe something more offensive this time. This just came out of no where.

------
Dear Mr_G,

Thank you for contacting us.

While reviewing account information we came across what has been deemed to be an offensive screen name associated with your account. In order to maintain a pleasant environment for all our players we need to ask you to change your screen name. You may do this through the "My Account" section of the website or you may email us back with three names of your choice and we will have your screen name changed for you.

Thank you for helping us maintain a positive atmosphere on our tables.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Sirisha
Poker Customer Care

___SK___ 08-22-2005 06:04 AM

Re: Party asking to change name

alright, well whats/was your screenname?

Matty 08-22-2005 06:06 AM

1) Don't tease

2) I must say I've watched your avatar at least a hundred times over the last month, and never without a smile.

___SK___ 08-22-2005 06:18 AM

there are actually a few variations of that avatar so it leads me to believe its not real.

i've seen one penguin tripping the other as well as this one.

timprov 08-22-2005 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there are actually a few variations of that avatar so it leads me to believe its not real.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not real; that penguin on the right is using a joint that penguins don't have. But it's still amusing.

mattw 08-22-2005 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not real; that penguin on the right is using a joint that penguins don't have. But it's still amusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

poker players have such a wide knowledge base. gotta luv it. or are you bluffing. i call.

siccjay 08-22-2005 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG NOOOOOOOO ITS NOT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL!!!!!

Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

TheIrishThug 08-22-2005 08:38 AM

well, this thread lasted a goof 1.5 replies before it got hijacked.

i could careless if it was real, it's still great.

BruinEric 08-22-2005 01:46 PM

As the prude here, I'm glad they're doing this. Heck -- it's their property, so if they don't like an online nick as innocuous "PokerPlayer" then they have every right to ask the player to change it.

Nevertheless, we've all seen extremely crude nicks with references to sodomy, etc. Part of being a "good player" IMHO is making the table atmosphere welcoming to the casual player. We all want the once-or-twice-a-month player to continue to play poker.

speirs 08-22-2005 02:07 PM

Now, all penguins aside, what was your screenname? If you don't want to tell it, what does it rhyme with? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]