Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Rags in the blinds (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320158)

Knoler 08-22-2005 02:35 AM

Rags in the blinds

Villain has pretty TAG stats. A little on the tight side, it seems.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ???.

Final Pot: 8 BB

If you advocate folding, I'm prepared to disagree.
-Brian

aK13 08-22-2005 02:38 AM

Re: Rags in the blinds

Fold the turn eh? The pot is small, you don't have odds to draw, he's not bluffing this 33% of the time to warrant a calldown, since check/call, check/raise turn usually means monster.

wheelz 08-22-2005 02:41 AM

How did you change the color of your name again?? Blue just didn't cut it anymore?

aK13 08-22-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How did you change the color of your name again??

[/ QUOTE ]

MaGiK

I got my blue taken away, then I bitched, and it came back pink.

Knoler 08-22-2005 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the turn eh? The pot is small, you don't have odds to draw, he's not bluffing this 33% of the time to warrant a calldown, since check/call, check/raise turn usually means monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I'm such a LAG. Actually, I was thinking of raising the river.

We were HU, and even though this guy seemed kind of tight (esp. preflop), I've been playing aggressively and catching cards -- so I didn't think he'd have necessarily had a monster to play back at me on the turn.

-Brian

edit - doh, can't check raise the river when you're in position.

Knoler 08-22-2005 02:56 AM

Hmm. Answering my own question, though, what hands will he call a river raise with that don't crush my 8s? If he's got jacks, he'll 3-bet and I'll have to fold. Most pocket pairs he'd probably raise PF with, even though he was kind of tight in his PF raises. And if he's pushing a draw, he'll fold to my raise.

Eh, just thinking out loud. Now I'm going to bed.
-Brian