Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The worst played hand . . . ever. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=318353)

NateDog 08-19-2005 01:02 AM

The worst played hand . . . ever.

I know about the whole 'NC' thread, but jeebus look at this. This at least let me laugh as I threw off 40BB tonite.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (1.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (1.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 1.50 BB

Results below:
BB has 7d 9s (one pair, jacks).
Hero has 2s 2c (two pair, jacks and twos).
SB has Kh 5h (straight flush, ace high).
Outcome: SB wins 1.50 BB.

bozlax 08-19-2005 01:08 AM

Re: The worst played hand . . . ever.

That's pathetic. There's no other word for it.

istewart 08-19-2005 01:14 AM

Brilliant!

SoftcoreRevolt 08-19-2005 01:18 AM

So what was he supposed to do, bet the river and lose customers? God you idiots couldn't slow play your way out of a wet paper bag.

fluxrad 08-19-2005 01:19 AM

The correct play was obviously to open-fold the river.

Eeegah 08-19-2005 01:19 AM

Whew, I clicked on this thread expecting to see one of my hands.

Buckmulligan 08-19-2005 01:24 AM

I know it looks bad, but check/raising this small pot on the end is arguably the right play (although we have no idea of his intentions).

08-19-2005 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know it looks bad, but check/raising this small pot on the end is arguably the right play (although we have no idea of his intentions).

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, so perhaps he was attempting to check raise the flop, turn, and river?

Baseballer02 08-19-2005 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think SB should have bet out rather than trying to check-raise. Against typical 1/2 players, if SB bets out here, a smaller flush will call, netting him 1 or 2BB. However, if SB check-raises, he most likely gives his hand away and will still only gain 1 or 2 BB when the others fold to the check-raise, and it's also leaving the likely chance of it being checked through(which indeed it was).

Eeegah 08-19-2005 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize he flopped the nuts, right?

Now if Party offered a sizable Royal Flush bonus this might be a different story.