Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   best PT overlay program? GameTime+, PokerAce Hud, Playerview? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316627)

pastabatman 08-16-2005 07:17 PM

best PT overlay program? GameTime+, PokerAce Hud, Playerview?

Hi,
Subject says it all. I'm tired of PT's 'game time' windows, and want to take one of the overlay programs for a spin. Sorry if this is asked constantly - I did a little searching, but couldn't find comparison of all three. I did see someone say that PV is best for Party - is that the current concensus?

Thanks,
Pasta

excession 08-16-2005 07:26 PM

Re: best PT overlay program? GameTime+, PokerAce Hud, Playerview?

PA HUD by a country mile

DrunkHamster 08-16-2005 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PA HUD by a country mile

[/ QUOTE ]

theRealMacoy 08-16-2005 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PA HUD by a country mile

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...how far is that in kilometres?

ditto, PA HUD and it's not even close!

cbfair 08-17-2005 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PA HUD by a country mile

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...how far is that in kilometres?

ditto, PA HUD and it's not even close!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've supported PV from the beginning and give Amir and CT credit for starting the craze but PA HUD just plain rocks.

OrianasDaad 08-17-2005 11:30 AM

I also supported (and defended, and paid for) PV, but PAHud is a better product. I used GT+ a few times, but I really didn't like having to set up each table I opened.

PAHud and PV are very similar, but I've found PAHud to have far fewer bugs, and actually better support. I could be biased.

I'd recommend trying both GT+ and PAHud. If you find that you like PAHud, then give the demo version of PV a try. If you really like PV better than PAHud, then go ahead and buy it.

However, realize that PV hasn't been updated in months (to my knowledge) and the last release is still somewhat buggy.

Be sure to visit all the relavent forums.

Twitch1977 08-17-2005 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and give Amir and CT credit for starting the craze

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong but that credit should go to Kross and Gametime+ since I believe it was around for quite a while before Playerview ever came to be.

T

pastabatman 08-19-2005 02:00 AM

I just wanted to say thanks to all for steering me the right way. After one evening with PA Hud (two-tabling Party $2/$4), I'm extremely impressed with it - no bugs seen, and very intuitive. Pretty much worked 'right out of the box'. I also appreciated that it put much less load on my crummy laptop, compared to PT's 'gametime' windows (which now seem even more incredibly primitive). It would be nice if my own chosen stats could be displayed next to my avatar, but that's a nit (and I can see why that might be problematic to design, given the layout paradigm).

I'm curious about the table stat for average pot size (TPT1) - how is that computed? It seemed to fluctuate more than it should. I read the post about the other table stats being computed from all the players' stats, but that can't be for this stat, can it?

Anyhow, thanks PokerAce - I'll definitely be sending a donation (my paypal name is different). Keep up the good work.

Pasta

PokerAce 08-19-2005 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious about the table stat for average pot size (TPT1) - how is that computed? It seemed to fluctuate more than it should. I read the post about the other table stats being computed from all the players' stats, but that can't be for this stat, can it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The average pot size is an average of the last X pots. X is configured in the preferences (Hands Used For Averages).

08-19-2005 09:26 PM

What makes pokerace better than gametime+?