Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Q for bikers (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316547)

TheMainEvent 08-16-2005 05:23 PM

Q for bikers

I notice when you guys pass each other you do a little wave-of-recognition. What do you do when you pass a guy riding a moped?

08-16-2005 06:01 PM

Re: Q for bikers

[ QUOTE ]
I notice when you guys pass each other you do a little wave-of-recognition. What do you do when you pass a guy riding a moped?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most bikers shun mopeds and scooters, but I figure if its got two wheels they get the wave. Small kids on bicycles also get the wave, they love it.

mostsmooth 08-16-2005 06:01 PM

nothing special

mslif 08-16-2005 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't wave at guys on moped, no special reason, I just don't.
Also, for example, when a car makes it easier for me to pass them, I'll stick my right leg out a little to say thanks. It is a common thing to do in Europe but I am not sure about it in the US.

08-16-2005 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't wave at guys on moped, no special reason, I just don't.
Also, for example, when a car makes it easier for me to pass them, I'll stick my right leg out a little to say thanks. It is a common thing to do in Europe but I am not sure about it in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of the leg thing in North America, but I definitely wave and honk when a car allows you to pass on a windy road where they are holding you up.

mmmmmbrother 08-16-2005 08:21 PM

its a 'we are cooler than cars because we could die any second so lets be dangerous and take our attention off the road to wave' sort of thing.
i dont wave to mopeds.
when i first started riding i waved to everyone, but mopeds and scooters dont know what the [censored] is happening and harleys dont wave back.
fak y'all

Bradyams 08-16-2005 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
harleys dont wave back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harley and other big twin motorcycle riders wave to each other and nobody else.

mslif 08-16-2005 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
harleys dont wave back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harley and other big twin motorcycle riders wave to each other and nobody else.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so true... I hate that!

mmmmmbrother 08-16-2005 08:36 PM

what bikes you all got? pics!

Bradyams 08-16-2005 08:41 PM

I sadly don't have one. The last two years of high school I was saving up for a new 2004 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom, but then all of a sudden college hit me in the face.

When I lived at home though I'd ride my Dad's 2001 HD Fatboy. It's a great bike, but I'd never own one.