Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   MGM Vegas ? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316232)

08-16-2005 07:39 AM

MGM Vegas ?

Planning to go out to Vegas soon, and will be staying at the MGM Grand. Probably on a Fri.-Mon.

I'm interested in playing $4-8 hold em' and $2-10 stud. Do they still run these two games ?
What can I expect from these two games on a weekend ?

Bigdaddydvo 08-16-2005 07:44 AM

Re: MGM Vegas ?

The search function is your friend.

MGM is one of the top 4 rooms on the Strip (along w/Mirage, Bellagio, and Wynn) You'll have no trouble finding those games and limits.

TheCroShow 08-16-2005 09:46 AM

the search function is also a piece of crap

jat850 08-16-2005 01:14 PM

I was there two weeks ago - played a lot of 2/4 & 3/6. Daily NL tournament and tables took up a lot of tables. I do not recall ANY 4/8 tables specifically and in the "wee" hours it was 2/4, 3/6 and NL only. Room is nice but not that big.

If you are staying there, join Players Club for $1 hr food credit. BFD. But, my wife played enough slots to get us one night off our room bill and 1 free meal + my food credits.

Al_Capone_Junior 08-16-2005 01:23 PM

Expect fishyness from the limit hold'em games, including 4-8. Expect not to find 2-10 stud at all.

al

peterchi 08-16-2005 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Expect fishyness from the limit hold'em games, including 4-8. Expect not to find 2-10 stud at all.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

Also expect to have this conversation or something similar:

Local: You sure sucked out on me a lot last night.
Hero: Yeah, I was getting really lucky. Poker is so much fun!
Local: How did you end up?
Hero: Oh I dunno, up about a rack
Local: Well, good job quitting while you were ahead. See, a lot of tourists can't do that, and that's good for me because then I just clean them up.

<insert 'eye-rolling' emoticon>

When I was there, there was 2/4, 3/6, and 6/12. I can't imagine that any one of them would be tough at any time.

bbarker703 08-16-2005 05:32 PM

Played there twice in July. They had 4-8 w/half kill one nite and w/full kill the next. Both were fairly soft, as in calling down with middle/bottom pair, but some didn't care for the full-kill since we had a maniac or two (not happy, so move to another table). One afternoon/evening it seemed to take forever to get the 6-12 game started. I lost like 12bb, but didn't think anyone at the table usually played above 10-20. Concur it's an above average room, I liked it.

dicelumpY2005 08-16-2005 05:44 PM

2-10 stud hasn't been spread in a while(at least during the night shift when I'm there). Weekends usually get the 6-12, and 10-20 games going, but not the weekdays. Weekdays usually feature the 4-8 maniac games...

PITTM 08-16-2005 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding. i searched for "vegas airfare" and gave more criteria and 0 of the 200 results i got had airfare in any of them. this is why i dont tell people to use the search function, because it doesnt work.

rj

CrazyEyez 08-16-2005 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding. i searched for "vegas airfare" and gave more criteria and 0 of the 200 results i got had airfare in any of them. this is why i dont tell people to use the search function, because it doesnt work.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
If everyone already knows this, feel free to tell me to shut up. But I recently discovered that putting stuff in quotes is useless, while using "+" improves results 1000%. For instance:
+vegas +airfare
will probably get you good results. Once I discovered this, I started using the search quite a bit more.