Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I have a problem. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316053)

PhatTBoll 08-15-2005 11:57 PM

I have a problem.

His name is Sammy:

http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/136/000029629wd.jpg

Not too daunting as problems go, but he has gotten pretty bad tonight. My wife and I got him last Saturday from our neighbors, who had kept him outside in an open-air shed with his littermates for his whole life (he's almost 4 months). For the last week, we have been amazed at how great his house-training has gone. Just a couple accidents in the first couple days, and he seemed home free after that. Two hours between potty breaks seemed sufficient for him.

Then tonight, I'm playing some video games and all of a sudden he starts taking a dump right in front of me. I say no, take him outside, and stay with him outside until he finishes his deuce and pees for good measure. Then I take him inside, and he immediately runs to the bathroom and takes another massive crap by the tub. I take him back outside again. After a little while, he comes back in, and everything seems cool. About 1.5 hours later, he runs into the bedroom and starts peeing on the floor. Luckily, my wife saw what he was up to and he only managed to leave a small puddle on the floor before he went outside again.

For those keeping score at home, that's 3 accidents in 2 hours after going almost a week without any at all. He goes to bed at the same time every night, has a very routine piss and crap schedule, eats the same food, and drinks about the same. He has no contact with other dogs and has minimal contact with the cats in the house. There seems to be no reason for the regression; in fact, if I didn't know better, I'd say he is trying to test us. Is this silly? Can we stop this behavior now before he makes a habit out of crapping where we can't see him? Does anyone want a dog? (I kid)

gorie 08-16-2005 12:00 AM

Re: I have a problem.

i know nothing about dogs, but nice avatar. it reminds me of the junk drawer at home. still laying right next to the rubix puzzle stick, i assume.

hope your dog stops poopin'.

Thythe 08-16-2005 12:05 AM

I've never had a dog either, but Sammy looks quite cute. Awwww.

Los Feliz Slim 08-16-2005 12:06 AM

My first reaction is to worry that he's sick. Take him to the vet. That's not just a lot of accidents in a couple of hours, that's a lot of times for a dog to go to the bathroom. He might have eaten something bad or be carrying something from when he lived outside. Cute dog, hope it works out.

pokerdirty 08-16-2005 12:06 AM

*insert 12 gauge pic here*

cute dog. too bad.

Jimbo 08-16-2005 12:07 AM

Here is the best free advice on the web and it works quite well.

Puppy Potty Training

Claunchy 08-16-2005 12:08 AM

Just take him to one of those dog training places. Or kill him and tell your wife he ran away.

Kidding. Cute dog.

touchfaith 08-16-2005 12:08 AM

Been taking him for walks? He sounds like he's pissed at you.

I do the same thing when I'm mad at people.

PhatTBoll 08-16-2005 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My first reaction is to worry that he's sick. Take him to the vet. That's not just a lot of accidents in a couple of hours, that's a lot of times for a dog to go to the bathroom. He might have eaten something bad or be carrying something from when he lived outside. Cute dog, hope it works out.

[/ QUOTE ]
He just went to the vet a week ago, but if he keeps this up we will be getting in touch with her. I think he is due back for a second round of shots in not too long anyway.

Jimbo 08-16-2005 12:15 AM

An alternative is Puppy odor eliminator

In your extreme case I suggest the gallon size for $50.99 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]