Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I really hate pocket pairs... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315678)

DrunkHamster 08-15-2005 02:36 PM

I really hate pocket pairs...

Haven't been here long, no real reads yet. I really hate this kind of hand!

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

I don't think a raise is worthwhile, and I ain't folding...

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)
<font color="#CC3333">Hero...

2+2 Junkie 08-15-2005 02:39 PM

Re: I really hate pocket pairs...

Lead out. I think you have some fold equity here. The two aces are scare cards for others as well (and reduces the probability that your opponents have one) and with 9's there is a good chance you have the best hand.

Bet out.

shant 08-15-2005 02:44 PM

3-bet this preflop.

DrunkHamster 08-15-2005 02:46 PM

I lead out, only the PFR calls. Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Now what?

DrunkHamster 08-15-2005 02:48 PM

See that is what people say, but I am really crap at playing these PP against raisers. With that in mind, this would just feel like spewing. Suppose I 3 bet, and the same flop happens?

aces_dad 08-15-2005 02:49 PM

What's your impression of UTG?

I'd be temped to lead out one more time, inclinded to making this my last money in the pot if I don't fill up on the river. With a good A I would expect a raise on the flop or turn from villian.

@bsolute_luck 08-15-2005 02:51 PM

this is an interesting situation. i don't like leading out, but that's just me. i think we could be ahead, but i think you have very little folding equity as KQ figures to have all 6 outs and will call and that is the only PFR from EP i can figure we're ahead of here.

against an unknown, i check/call and see the turn.

deception5 08-15-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See that is what people say, but I am really crap at playing these PP against raisers. With that in mind, this would just feel like spewing. Suppose I 3 bet, and the same flop happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that this flop is much better for you than A22, right?

numeri 08-15-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I lead out, only the PFR calls. Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Now what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bet - fold to a raise. If called, spike the 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Seriously, check/fold the river UI.

Eeegah 08-15-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your impression of UTG?

I'd be temped to lead out one more time, inclinded to making this my last money in the pot if I don't fill up on the river. With a good A I would expect a raise on the flop or turn from villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not. There are no UTG PFR hands that we beat here. Check/fold.