Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Watching a movie by myself (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315321)

this guy 08-14-2005 11:32 PM

Watching a movie by myself

So I want to go watch Broken Flowers tonight but no one wants to come with me, so I'm considering going alone. How loserish is this?

ewile 08-14-2005 11:36 PM

Re: Watching a movie by myself

I've gone to numerous concerts by myself and always have a good time.

Not looserish at all IMO.

It actually seems to me that perhaps staying home, for fear of seeming looserish might be the looserest decision of all.

GrandmaStabone 08-14-2005 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've gone to numerous concerts by myself and always have a good time.

Not looserish at all IMO.

It actually seems to me that perhaps staying home, for fear of seeming looserish might be the looserest decision of all.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly right

TheBlueMonster 08-14-2005 11:42 PM

I guess nothing could equal the creepiness factor of me going to see "Harry Potter" alone at 10pm....

TheCroShow 08-14-2005 11:43 PM

how about going to see "Mean Chicks" alone? or "The Notebook" roffle, top that!

ChipWrecked 08-14-2005 11:56 PM

I've done it many times. In high school, I had to see 'Life of Brian' and 'Apocalypse Now' by myself because I hung with braindead losers who didn't appreciate the great art of these flicks.

More recently, I have seen the 'Harry Potter' and 'LOTR' flicks by myself 'cause my wife hates that [censored]. So, I take the day off from work and check them out. Hit the cardroom for the rest of the day. I have a good old time.

"Why didn't I answer my cell phone? Gosh honey, meetings all day, you know how it is..." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

GrandmaStabone 08-14-2005 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've done it many times. In high school, I had to see 'Life of Brian' and 'Apocalypse Now' by myself because I hung with braindead losers who didn't appreciate the great art of these flicks.

More recently, I have seen the 'Harry Potter' and 'LOTR' flicks by myself 'cause my wife hates that [censored]. So, I take the day off from work and check them out. Hit the cardroom for the rest of the day. I have a good old time.

"Why didn't I answer my cell phone? Gosh honey, meetings all day, you know how it is..." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lying to your wife = -EV

08-15-2005 12:02 AM

I do this a lot, about half the time I see a movie is by myself

I only feel weird if it's crowded

ewile 08-15-2005 12:03 AM

Life Of Brian. Just reading the name makes me begin weeping uncontrolably.

No wait...what an ass I am...that's Brian's Song.

Sooga 08-15-2005 12:05 AM

One of life's simple pleasures for me is going to watch a movie by myself. But when I do I almost always go to one of those small independent film chains, on the weekdays, when there are maybe 10 people in the theater, tops. I love that.