Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   6-max Js9s against BB PFR Qd9c3s (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315170)

@bsolute_luck 08-14-2005 07:21 PM

6-max Js9s against BB PFR Qd9c3s

thoughts?

UTG and CO are a loose/passive. almost any 2 cards will do.
BB aggressive multiway with suited connectors/overcards and pocket pairs.

Hero is SB J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Preflop UTG limps, 1 fold, CO limps, Button folds, Hero calls, <font color="red">BB raises</font>, all call

Flop: 8SB Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="blue">Hero...???</font>

MrWookie47 08-14-2005 07:24 PM

Re: 6-max Js9s against BB PFR Qd9c3s

Easy call w/ 6.5 outs.

@bsolute_luck 08-14-2005 08:36 PM

k good.

Flop: 8SB Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn 6BBs Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="blue">Hero....???</font>

@bsolute_luck 08-14-2005 08:58 PM

bah, here's the rest of the hand. let me know what you guys think. since i won't read responses 'til tomorrow, i'll include the results but please don't read them 'til you have commented on what you think (if you think at all [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

Turn 6BBs Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

River 8.5 BBs 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks

Results in white:
<font color="white"> BB shows 9d8d
UTG shows 9h6h
Hero wins with pair of 9s Jack-kicker</font>

Kumubou 08-14-2005 09:58 PM

Maybe I have been reading too much HUSH, but I figure you have to find a raise there somewhere, probably the turn. Sure you have all these clowns around, but the only one bringing any heat is the BB. The turn Q makes it less likely that he has your 9s beat, and I can not imagine anything less than kings up reraising a turn raise.

Hell, given the BB's rampant agression you may want to wait until the river, to let him continue his bluff.

-K

silkyslim 08-14-2005 10:01 PM

raise turn fold to a 3 bet!

@bsolute_luck 08-15-2005 05:35 AM

see that's why i posted it. i figured it was doubtful for anyone to have the Queen, but i wasn't sure if it was better get to the showdown quickly.

i figured if i raised, AA/KK/JJ/TT wouldn't reraise me and i couldn't get a free showdown if a scare card came on the river. plus i didn't like my kicker especially against UTG's passivity. maybe that's just poker and i should gamboool a little and played this hand like a little girl [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]