Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What has Helped You the Most? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=314912)

skipperbob 08-14-2005 10:59 AM

What has Helped You the Most?

Damian UK 08-14-2005 11:02 AM

Re: What has Helped You the Most?

just cast my vote

no better experience than playing - the true teacher!

and this forum - the books are great, but I get more from here than anywhere

Cheers

Damian

testaaja 08-14-2005 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just cast my vote

no better experience than playing - the true teacher!

and this forum - the books are great, but I get more from here than anywhere

Cheers

Damian

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you 100%. Books put thoughts in your head, but they really don't teach you the techniques. It's the playing itself. You gotta play to get better, no book can do it.
Just my thoughts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit:: Books give you the idea what you should do, you just need to play so you can do it, this is what I meant [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

dmmikkel 08-14-2005 11:35 AM

Where's the "thinking about the game" option?

nWirb 08-14-2005 03:23 PM

When I had just started playing poker I watched Howard Lederers secrets of no-limit holdem which thought me all the important things like what cards to play/hand rankings the imortance of position and much more.

I learned alot from that.
Other then that you I have learned alot on 2+2 and by playing, I think there's alot to internet poker that can't be learned by reading.

bawcerelli 08-14-2005 03:28 PM

i was thinking about asking a similar question to this. my question was going to be what do you think is the ideal way to improve your game through a combination of playing and studying? For example if you had 6 months to improve your game as much as possible, what percentage of the time would you play, and what percentage would you study (books, two plus two, general thinking of the game). I think most people would give a higher percentage to playing, but I think it's closer to 50/50.

hobbes9324 08-14-2005 05:57 PM

How about you, Skipper? I chose playing and 2+2.

I think we're two of the more senile partners around here - I would also note that for SNG's, there's not much out there in print, at least that I'm aware of......

skipperbob 08-14-2005 06:07 PM

What was the question?..Again? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

raptor517 08-14-2005 06:13 PM

i learned a bit from everything.. friends help a lot.. find some people from this forum to talk to.. maybe hang out in RL.. then you can start really getting into some good poker convo. 2+2 obv helps a lot.. books.. they are getting there. holla