Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Easy fold, right? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=312795)

yvesaint 08-11-2005 06:52 AM

Easy fold, right?

I have a pretty LAG image, raising and re-raising a lot pre-flop.

100 NL. Villain has 120, I cover.

UTG raises to 3, I re-raise with KK to 9. Folded around to UTG, who calls.

Flop is Q 7 7. He bets 15, I call.

Turn is a blank, he pushes. I fold. Easy, right? I see him as tight, average aggression. I'm not beating AA or QQ, though he could be bluffing with 88-JJ, hoping I have something like AK. Should I have raised that flop?

Tuben 08-11-2005 07:06 AM

Re: Easy fold, right?

No i agree.

I think he see your call as you had somthing and went all in beacuse he wanted a call. So QQ or AA i think he would have here.

And raise the flop why not dont se a call as a bad ide eather in position. Raise turn or bet i checked too.

He might have KK to [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

08-11-2005 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn is a blank, he pushes. I fold. Easy, right? I see him as tight, average aggression. I'm not beating AA or QQ, though he could be bluffing with 88-JJ, hoping I have something like AK. Should I have raised that flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you had him. You have a LAG image. You could have reraised him preflop with a lot of different hands. He's probably thinking that you have crap. I bet he had A-Q or K-Q. He may have had aces or queens, but would he really push with a boat? I think you should consider how your image was affecting the table and when considering that, I think you have to call. He probably was tired of being pushed and wanted to push back with what he figured was the best hand.

Godfather80 08-11-2005 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the LAG image you have worked to create, wouldn't this be the perfect time to show down a "real" hand? It seems to me that this guy is just trying to lose you. I don't understand him making this play with hands that have you beat. You worked hard to get paid off on you big hands, so I think you should.

Tuben 08-11-2005 09:32 AM

I dont agree. But i have never right anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ghazban 08-11-2005 09:41 AM

6-max or full ring?

yvesaint 08-11-2005 09:47 AM

6-max. I'm still tossed about this one. Would he really push AQ? Then again, I don't think he'd push QQ or a 7 here. This is smelling more and more like AQ to me here looking for a call from KQ or something ... or a call from a lower pocket.

Ghazban 08-11-2005 09:49 AM

I fold it pretty confidently at full ring. At 6-max, reraising standards preflop are lower so you could easily see AQ from villain. Its a tough spot; I think his most likely holdings are AA (6 ways) or AQ (12 ways) so, if you think he'd do it with both, you should call.

yvesaint 08-11-2005 09:53 AM

What about the flop play? I can't really credit him for a 7, given he called my pre-flop re-raise (unless it's 77). Isn't this a WAWB situation? I considered raising on the flop, but thought against it.

Ghazban 08-11-2005 10:04 AM

Assuming the flop is rainbow, its WA/WB. If you raise the flop, you have to give him more credit for a real hand when he pushes the turn (assuming he does that, or reraises the flop all-in). By not raising the flop, calling the turn is easier as he has no reason to assume you are as strong as you are.