Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Flop Decision with an overpair (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=311784)

MaxPower 08-10-2005 12:01 AM

Flop Decision with an overpair

PartyPoker - $30/$60 - 10 players

BB is a tight aggresive player, but he is the type who likes to cold-call and get overaggressive
MP3 and CO are both typical LAGs

Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="green">MP3 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">LP1 folds</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>

(4 players) FLOP: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 4.25 BB )
<font color="green">BB checks</font>, <font color="red">Hero BETS</font>, <font color="green">MP3 Calls</font>, <font color="red">CO RAISES</font>
<font color="red">BB 3-bets</font>, [b]<font color="blue">[i]Hero ...</font>

I'm curious what you put the BB on here?

DcifrThs 08-10-2005 12:15 AM

Re: Flop Decision with an overpair

flush draw w/ overs trying to clean up outs or a pair trying to fold overs or a bigger pair.

-Barron

AceHigh 08-10-2005 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious what you put the BB on here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Acxc, would be my first guess. He'd like to knock out yours or any better Ace hands.

mc1023 08-10-2005 07:38 AM

most likely Acxc or two overs and a flush draw.

maybe 56 or a pair like 77-JJ

capp and re-evaluate on the turn.

Schneids 08-10-2005 07:43 AM

I cap and don't even try to begin the hand reading until the turn.

Basically, I would expect BB to check 3bet anything he was planning on continuing to play on with.... Club draw, his own pocket pair over the board, trips. I personally don't think he check/3bets 65, however.

MaxPower 08-10-2005 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly the advice I needed to hear. I usually do forget about trying to read hands until the turn.

The hand the BB had in this case was A3o with the ace of clubs. Is there any way that this is a good flop 3-bet. I can't see any reason for it. Seems like a fold to me.

daryn 08-10-2005 07:45 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly the advice I needed to hear. I usually do forget about trying to read hands until the turn.

The hand the BB had in this case was A3o with the ace of clubs. Is there any way that this is a good flop 3-bet. I can't see any reason for it. Seems like a fold to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course his play is poor

Luv2DriveTT 08-10-2005 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. You said yourself "BB is a tight aggressive player, but he is the type who likes to cold-call and get overaggressive ". Looks like he was a bit overzealous in trying to get the hands heads up against the CO LAG. Looks like he was being way overaggressive to me.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]