Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Apartments w/o Trash Pickup (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=311455)

RacersEdge 08-09-2005 04:00 PM

Apartments w/o Trash Pickup

This is irritating as hell. Apartments expect you to carry your trash all the way to the dumpster yourself. For me, that's like a quarter mile - and you either put it in or on your car.

How common is this situtation around the country?

jakethebake 08-09-2005 04:01 PM

Re: Apartments w/o Trash Pickup

[ QUOTE ]
This is irritating as hell. Apartments expect you to carry your trash all the way to the dumpster yourself. For me, that's like a quarter mile - and you either put it in or on your car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware there was anything else? There are apartments where they come get your trash right from your apartment?

warlockjd 08-09-2005 04:02 PM

Very common in Indiana. Put the trash on the hood or trunk and drive s l o w l y

stabn 08-09-2005 04:02 PM

You had to know this before you moved in right? So what's the problem.

Patrick del Poker Grande 08-09-2005 04:04 PM

I've only seen this at college student type apartments in MI, WI, and MN. It is pretty crappy if they don't have dumpsters somewhat close to everybody.

Shajen 08-09-2005 04:06 PM

Nah bro, pretty damned common every where I've lived in Atlanta. A few places have trash chutes, but the most don't.

And these are nicer apartments, not ghetto.

It's common...at least here.

dtbog 08-09-2005 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you pay a solid waste fee?

If not (or if it's cheap, or if you don't care about money)... is there a curbside pick-up service where you live?

RacersEdge 08-09-2005 04:15 PM

Yeah, I had trash chutes before - just a 10 second walk away.

It causes so many problems - of course people are going to just leave it outside their door for a day or so.

I don;t see why someone in a pickup truck can't come around a couple times a week. I'd pay for it.

jackdaniels 08-09-2005 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I had trash chutes before - just a 10 second walk away.

It causes so many problems - of course people are going to just leave it outside their door for a day or so.

I don;t see why someone in a pickup truck can't come around a couple times a week. I'd pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go. Start this service and move to a place that doesn't have this terrible "feature".

Isn't Capitalism great?

astroglide 08-09-2005 04:19 PM

standard in st louis