Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The "Yay! I Suck at Pokaer! :) Lollers ;) " Set Line Deep 5/10 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=311165)

fimbulwinter 08-09-2005 07:01 AM

The \"Yay! I Suck at Pokaer! :) Lollers ;) \" Set Line Deep 5/10

Lately I've been doing this against players who don't know me. anyone else tried this instead of the vanilla turn c/r?

few limps, 3K i cover rock raises to 60 from button, i call with 88 on SB, others fold cos they know this is AA/KK.

3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (150)

I lead for 150, rock makes it 400, i call

4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (950)

I bet 700

fim

RollaJ 08-09-2005 07:16 AM

Re: The \"Yay! I Suck at Pokaer! :) Lollers ;) \" Set Line Deep 5/10

If you *know* he has AA-KK I think the standard c/r is in order, as there is no way he puts you on a 4, and would almost have to put you on a draw. This makes it much more likely that he will bet the turn to protect his hand, and call the c/r.
I like a play like that better on an uncoordinated board.

fimbulwinter 08-09-2005 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you *know* he has AA-KK I think the standard c/r is in order, as there is no way he puts you on a 4, and would almost have to put you on a draw. This makes it much more likely that he will bet the turn to protect his hand,

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this part

[ QUOTE ]
and call the c/r.
I like a play like that better on an uncoordinated board.

[/ QUOTE ]

but not at all with this part. what draw bets the flop and checkraises the turn all-in after the board pairs?

fim

unlucky513 08-09-2005 08:17 AM

if you know he's got AA/KK, he's gonna bet this flop. why not c/r the flop and lead the turn?

Stormwolf 08-09-2005 08:30 AM

why not check-call the turn and check-raise the river?against a rock it might be a good idea, people like to bet AA on paired boards, but if rock it means he will be passive then it might be better check-call, lead(assuming he laysdown to a turn checkraise)

fimbulwinter 08-09-2005 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you know he's got AA/KK, he's gonna bet this flop. why not c/r the flop and lead the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

we need to take care not to frighten our customers. what hand that he beats plays that way?

fim

fimbulwinter 08-09-2005 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why not check-call the turn and check-raise the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

how many cards kill my action on the river?

fim

TheWorstPlayer 08-09-2005 08:47 AM

This is a great line which prevents him from checking behind on the turn. I think you can mix it up with the bet size on the turn, though. Personally, I like a little smaller so that the chance of his folding (drawing near dead) is reduced and also so that it looks more like you are trying to price yourself in with a draw which will hopefully get him to raise PCing himself.

Stormwolf 08-09-2005 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why not check-call the turn and check-raise the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

how many cards kill my action on the river?

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

if hes gonna fold to the turn check-raise anyway at least you get a CHANCE of getting paid, but I doubt he folds to a milking check-raise

unlucky513 08-09-2005 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we need to take care not to frighten our customers. what hand that he beats plays that way?

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. but what hand that he beats makes a pot sized bet on the flop, calls a re-raise, and then blasts the turn?