Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A Hand Played by a Colleague (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310561)

W. Deranged 08-08-2005 03:30 PM

A Hand Played by a Colleague

I was watching this and have no reads...

Party 2/4 full

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
EP1 calls, EP2 calls, EP3 calls, Hero raises, folded around, limpers call

Flop: (8 sb) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)

EP1 bets, EP2 folds, EP3 calls, Hero raises, EP1 calls, EP3 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
EP1 bets, EP3 folds, Hero folds.

molawn2mo 08-08-2005 03:42 PM

Re: A Hand Played by a Colleague

Cheap shot... you are better than this.

meep_42 08-08-2005 03:45 PM

I'm not sure I like the flop raise. Other than an attempt for a free card (which may hurt us more than it helps on this drawy board), there's no value to it. I call and close the action.

On the turn you have 0-5 outs if behind and aren't getting odds to chase. If ahead, the opponent likely has at least 9 outs to beat you and probably closer to 12-15. His donkbet could be something like K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q, though.

Without reads, i'm folding this one -- but had I not raised the flop, i'm probably seeing a showdown.

-d

W. Deranged 08-08-2005 03:46 PM

I understand the concern but I am trying to make an honest point that I think is very material to an important discussion. I think it's a worthwhile to step back and look at things without certain contextual biases.

I should add that I respect the poster in question and do not mean this in anyway to be a flame. I'm just trying to get to the heart of the matter.

BigEndian 08-08-2005 03:48 PM

Flop is spewing with the diamond draw on the board.

- Jim

08-08-2005 03:48 PM

awesome hand, perfectly played by your friend.

W. Deranged 08-08-2005 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
awesome hand, perfectly played by your friend.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

08-08-2005 03:50 PM

First thought: raise 4th street with the plan to fold to a 3-bet. But that's probably wrong, because there's too many hands we're still drawing live against to fold to the 3-bet, such as AQ, QT or any other two pair/set that we can beat by hitting one of the three remaining safe jacks. So just call down 4th and call the river? What if the river's another diamond? If it pairs the queen?

callmedonnie 08-08-2005 03:52 PM

this hand looks vaguely familiar. someone search the archives please.

NickRegino 08-08-2005 03:57 PM

Yea I think I would raise the turn here for info, if he does have that flush I'm sure he would 3-bet, giving the hint to fold. If no more diamonds come I'm calling it down.