Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Getting Knocked up and Tossed Around (2hands) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310006)

imported_stealthcow 08-07-2005 09:41 PM

Getting Knocked up and Tossed Around (2hands)

i hate these hands and when i'm running bad i feel like i get them alllll the time. where did i go wrong ?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: (3.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

ArturiusX 08-07-2005 10:09 PM

Re: Getting Knocked up and Tossed Around (2hands)

I check/fold the river in hand 1, and bet the turn in hand 2.

imported_stealthcow 08-07-2005 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in hand 1, other then a 6 8 or 5, what rivers are you calling? any?

and why should i bet the turn in hand 2 ? what river card am i scared of coming up ?

ArturiusX 08-07-2005 10:13 PM

Maybe an undercard, 2 3 or 4.

I don't like the spade either.

JrJordan 08-07-2005 10:19 PM

Need some reads included.

Hand 1: I'd honestly play it the same way. Easy value bet on the river because we'd expect a 7 to bet the turn as well. I call river because he's just not representing anything but being a moron.

Hand 2: My normal line is to bet the turn and check through the river. Against a tricky player that could checkraise here, I like getting to a showdown by checking through the turn and calling a river bet.

DireWolf 08-07-2005 10:19 PM

I check-call the river in hand one

I bet the turn and check the river in hand two

JrJordan 08-07-2005 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/fold seems weak here. Villain could be pumping a 6, or raising a lower pair and slowing down after he thinks it might not be good. If you're checking this river, I'd at least call because of the number of weaker hands, as well as missed draws that could easily bluff this.

imported_stealthcow 08-07-2005 10:29 PM

he's an unkonwn and usually i like to get to showdowns with unkonwns. so i think it should either be bet/fold to a raise or check call this river. bet/fold seems to make more sense, as its hard to see many hands bluffing this river.

hand 2 : eveyrone advocates betting this turn. comarped to my earlier days i'm betting about 10x as many turns as i used to. but i thought when hyou might be behind in teh hand and you aren't scared of any turn cards you can/ should check behind. does this apply here ?

stealthcow-

sthief09 08-07-2005 11:03 PM

no value in betting the river in hand 1. if he had a draw he'll fold. otherwise he probably has you beat. given that you bet, calling a raise is bad. I think check-folding, as recommended by someone else, is bad too.

I'd tend not to raise the flop in hand 1. maybe call-call-raise or call-call-call, but I'd rather not raise the flop or turn. I'd rather he bet 3 streets then you raise the flop and check the turn. that doesn't make much sense to me. if you like your hand, raise-bet-bet. I think he's got a weak A a lot so I like a call-call-call, betting if checked to

goofball 08-07-2005 11:33 PM

I think this is an obvosuly checkcall on the river in hand 1. If he missed is draw he['ll fold, if he has you beat he'll call or raise. He might bet a missed draw if you check thoguh.

I like a call and bet if checked to line in hand 2. While this line feels more clever I think it just loses if we're ahead and loses if we're behind. (we make less if ahead, but get our ass 3bet or donked if behind).