Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Value betting with top two (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309557)

marchron 08-07-2005 03:25 AM

Value betting with top two

Did I miss any value bets with this hand?

Reads: CO is solid TAGish who doesn't get out on too many limbs. SB is on crack. He's so erratic I can't pin him on anything.

.50/1, 9-handed

Preflop: <font color="green">marchron</font> is BT with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="green">marchron raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="green">marchron bets</font>, SB raises, CO calls, <font color="green">marchron calls</font>.

3-bet the checkraise?

Turn: (6.5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="green">marchron bets</font>, SB raises, CO calls, <font color="green">marchron reraises</font>, SB calls, CO calls.

I anticipated the check-raise and nailed him with a 3-bet this time.

River: (15.5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="green">marchron checks</font>.

Four to a straight, so I didn't want SB to checkraise me again with a Q.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB (after rake)

Fryguy 08-07-2005 05:11 AM

Re: Value betting with top two

Seems like solid play overall, although I would probably re-raise the flop. Not going to take away odds on the flush, but you probably have the best hand in this situation. Love the turn re-raise and river check.

TomBrooks 08-07-2005 05:15 AM

Looks OK.

hemstock 08-07-2005 05:23 AM

Why didn't you bet the river?

TomBrooks 08-07-2005 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because he didn't want to get checkraised in case someone made a straight.

It probably turned out that no one else had a straight, so then he wondered if he should have bet the river for value. Well, yes, he could have. But if someone had a Q they might have checked with the intention of checkraising. So, the next time your in this situation, you have to ask yourself, .... do I feel lucky today? Well, do you?

aron 08-07-2005 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
marchron is BT with J, K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the converter acting funny or is BT a new part of poker lingo?

-aron

marchron 08-07-2005 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I feared a straight. I didn't fear it on the turn because someone would have had to held specifically A/Q or Q/9, but the river gave a straight to anyone holding a Q.

I could have bet one to win two more, but if SB raised and CO 3-bet (I actually feared CO having it more than SB, since he called all the way down), I'm in a really tough spot regardless of if they had the straight or not. I got a chance to close the action and show two pair, and I took it.

I did kinda give the results away, but I wasn't concerned with whether or not I was beat, just whether or not I earned every dollar out of the pot.

RESULTS:
marchron has Jh Kc (two pair, Kings and Jacks)
SB has 5s Ks (one pair, Kings)
CO has Js Ah (one pair, Jacks)
OUTCOME: marchron wins 14.75 BB.

marchron 08-07-2005 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
marchron is BT with J, K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the converter acting funny or is BT a new part of poker lingo?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't use the converter.

From the FAQ:
[ QUOTE ]
The UTG through UTG+2 seats are also referred to as early position (EP) while CO and Button (sometimes called BT) are in late position . . .

[/ QUOTE ]