Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Two AJ hands (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309287)

gol4pro 08-06-2005 06:26 PM

Two AJ hands

I get into situations like this quite a bit it seems.

.5/1 NL, I'm playing shortstacked to work on my flop play. I've only got about 32BB. Everyone has me covered.

I've got A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in BB.
Preflop-- UTG limps, MP limps, CO limps,SB completes, I knock it.

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
-- SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets 4$, MP calls, CO folds, SB folds, hero....?
-- I'm getting 3.3:1 on my call right here (about 13:4), and pretty sure I can double through 1 if not both should I catch a King. An Ace could cause some problems if UTG has JK/AQ/AT, so I'm not completes sure that my over is live.

Peel one off or find the muck?

Hand 2:
I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]with same size stack UTG+2. Villian here is more or less unknown, but seems a little passive.

Preflop-- Hero limps, Villian limps (MP2), CO limps, SB completes, BB checks

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](pot 5$)
-- SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 5$, MP2 calls, others fold.

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
-- Pot is 12$, a safe card hit the turn, and I've got every reason to believe he has Ax. How do I get the rest of my 26$ remaining in here? How many river cards really scare me?

MINETZ 08-06-2005 07:40 PM

Re: Two AJ hands

note: im not familiar with shortstack strategy
I think hand 1 is an easy muck, and card that makes your hand prolly ruins theirs.
hand 2 id just bet pot again, most people will just pay off shortstacks with mediocre hands, and you dont wanan give a free card to a gutshot.
Noah

chumsferd 08-06-2005 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing shortstacked to work on my flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's not what you were asking but.... sitting in short stacked is just about the worst thing you can do to work on your flop play.

gol4pro 08-06-2005 09:22 PM

It's about the worst thing you can do to work on your turn/river play... but it's great for your flop play. Because all of your decisions are made on the flop with a shortstack.

Hand 2-- I potted it again, and pushed him off A7.

jacknine 08-06-2005 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've got A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in BB.
Preflop-- UTG limps, MP limps, CO limps,SB completes, I knock it.

[/ QUOTE ]
With everybody limping IŽd bet the pot preflop and would be happy taking it there.
If I get a call and an A or J flopped, IŽd raise the pot again, hope for a call and move in on the river.
If youŽre played back at, or see a flop like that QT3, IŽd be giving it up.

The play depends on your table image cause you need to have a good chance to take it preflop.

chumsferd 08-06-2005 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's about the worst thing you can do to work on your turn/river play... but it's great for your flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not independent.... correct flop play when you know there will be little to know play on future streets is drastically different to flop play when you have a deeper stack.

stu-unger 08-07-2005 12:17 AM

hand 1 fold

hand 2 push- this is not much more than pot sized and has a better chance of being called than a pot bet.

buy some chips!
if u want to work on your flop play u aren't doing it by buying in short. a short stack doesn't allow for optimal play with draws or with big hands.