Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Feedback On Neteller Debit Card Needed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309105)

banditdad 08-06-2005 12:36 PM

Feedback On Neteller Debit Card Needed

I'm thinking of signing up for one. Anybody have either good or bad experiences to relate?

Mike

GrannyMae 08-06-2005 01:22 PM

Re: Feedback On Neteller Debit Card Needed

i get a ton of use out of my card.

one thumbs up here

bdk3clash 08-06-2005 01:44 PM

Me likey.

Terry 08-06-2005 02:22 PM

It’s ideal for those of us who like a thick green wad in their pocket, not so good for those who use plastic to buy bread and milk and get $10 cash back.

Pokeraddict 08-06-2005 03:36 PM

If you find an ATM that will let you take out $1000 at a time (here in Atlanta most Bank of America ATM's do) then your fees will be $6 per $1000 withdrawn. $2 Neteller fee, $2 processing fee by the debit card bank and $2 by the ATM machine. I use the debit card a lot, if you wire it to yourself through Neteller it is free but could take days. I guess it depends on how cheap you are.

MadMat 08-06-2005 03:39 PM

Its cheaper to withdraw to a bank account or by cheque, quicker by Neteller card, depends how urgently you need the money!

I try to plan ahead and withdraw the cheapest way, but the card has come in handy when I've needed cash in a hurry.

Mat

Cosimo 08-06-2005 04:08 PM

Doesn't one need to transfer a balance from Neteller proper to the card? ie isn't the card like a debit card, with its own cash balance?

It seems like the primary use of the card is to get cash out of Neteller faster. With another job, I usually have cash in my bank account anyway, and the ATM fees there are 0 per Billion Dollars.

So, why have a Neteller card?

LotsOfOuts69 08-06-2005 04:18 PM

The way I see it, it's not worth it if you are using it as a debit/atm card. Too many fees. Just use your regular bank account's atm card.

However, if you had a big score online, and wanted to get the money out without going to your bank account, it might be best to do it $1000 at a time through neteller.

08-06-2005 05:50 PM

My understanding is that NT is essentially an offshore account and that the debit cards are untraceable. No way of Big Brother tracking $$ in or out if used for cash withdrawals.

bdk3clash 08-06-2005 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My understanding is that NT is essentially an offshore account and that the debit cards are untraceable. No way of Big Brother tracking $$ in or out if used for cash withdrawals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aside from being a bad idea, I think this is untrue. I think the NETeller debit card works through a US-based bank.