Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A10 in BB vs button Raise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308597)

Jeoke 08-05-2005 04:48 PM

A10 in BB vs button Raise

Button is Tight Aggressive.

I was lost in this hand, how should I of played it?

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ...

arsixsixwy 08-05-2005 04:55 PM

Re: A10 in BB vs button Raise

Preflop: If villain is tight-aggressive, I think you can fold this. You'll be heads-up and he's most likely raising with a decent hand (although I suppose he could be stealing with something a bit weaker).

Flop/Turn: I'm not sure I like the bet on either street here. Yeah, it's a decent semi-bluff, but he could accidentally have a heart higher than your T. If that's the case, a TAG is not folding. I would rather check/call on the flop. If he checks the flop also, I would lead out on the turn, semi-bluffing the ten-high flush draw. Otherwise, I would check/call the turn is well.

River: Standard Clarkmeister. Bet. If you get raised, you can probably fold against a TAG. He would likely only be raising with a strong flush here.

Doc7 08-05-2005 04:57 PM

What is a "Standard Clarkmeister"?

arsixsixwy 08-05-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is a "Standard Clarkmeister"?

[/ QUOTE ]

This.

onthebutton 08-05-2005 05:13 PM

I asked this question myself. I believe it's betting into a four flush board no matter if you have one of the suit or not.

deception5 08-05-2005 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: If villain is tight-aggressive, I think you can fold this. You'll be heads-up and he's most likely raising with a decent hand (although I suppose he could be stealing with something a bit weaker).

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding this to a button raise would be bad. You're very likely to be ahead _especially_ against a tag who will often be trying to steal the blinds.

The only question preflop here is whether to raise or call.

aces_dad 08-05-2005 05:19 PM

Exactly, the TAG's are the ones who steal with 36o with position. If he's stolen (or attempted to) often from me, this is a re-raise pf.

arsixsixwy 08-05-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding this to a button raise would be bad. You're very likely to be ahead _especially_ against a tag who will often be trying to steal the blinds.

The only question preflop here is whether to raise or call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, after considering it a little more, I don't think we wanna fold this. Raising is betting than calling, in my opinion. It gives much more weight to betting out of position the whole way down.

Eeegah 08-05-2005 05:22 PM

I'd be tempted to 3-bet to take control of the hand, but I'm not too skilled with HU so I could be wrong.

Played the flop and turn fine. Bet the river and expect the villain to fold.

Eeegah 08-05-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River: Standard Clarkmeister. Bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is a Clarkmeister since we actually have the flush; betting isn't a bluff. There's no way in hell I'm folding to a raise.