Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   This is funny (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308350)

Net Warrior 08-05-2005 10:22 AM

This is funny

10-20 full table at Pokerroom. UTG, a good player folds. A fishy UTG+1 limps and it's folded to me in Bu with:

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I say to myself, easy money, as I put in my isolation raise. SB folds and while I'm waiting for BB, an ok player, to act I look at the table again and realize I've misread it, and UTG is the limper. BB calls. Now I'm in trouble. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The Flop comes:

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

A miracle! I've flopped top 2 pair. It's check, check, bet, call, call.

The Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

It's check, check, bet, call, fold.

The River is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

It's check, bet, call, and my hand is good. Anyway, I had to leave shortly after that. I sure hope those guys were taking notes. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

BTW, in post game analysis I was wondering if I could have gotten any more out of this hand.

Klepton 08-05-2005 10:29 AM

Re: This is funny

i fail to see where this is funny

however i would raise an UTG limper with KTo on the button everytime.

M2d 08-05-2005 11:28 AM

I agree that it's funny, mostly because it's happened to me a few times: raise-wtf? damn, that's a limper, not the blind...

anyway, I don't think you make much more on the hand bc of your position. even if you check through the flop, the only way you increase the amount you make is if you get to raise a later street and you get called down. that's probably not happening enough to give up what you make by just firing. 5BB on a misread pfr is pretty good, no?

flawless_victory 08-05-2005 11:38 AM

can we just ban this guy?

jayheaps 08-05-2005 11:44 AM

you needed to raise on the flop on this very draw heavy board. you need to eliminate gutshot straight draws and make the flush draws call 2 cold.

Bartholow 08-05-2005 01:34 PM

Who would you like him to raise?

LarsVegas 08-05-2005 01:43 PM

In today's poker climate, you are probably right, without strong indications that it's unwise (for instance, UTG limper is a notorious limp-reraiser of AA/KK, but open-raises most other hands).

lars

jayheaps 08-05-2005 01:52 PM

my bad, i counted the bet sequence wrong, i thought he called the flop.

Victor 08-05-2005 02:26 PM

utg seems like a great player. he must be if he can employ a limp, call, call, call line.