Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Crack the Hand for $20 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308263)

naphand 08-05-2005 04:49 AM

Crack the Hand for $20

In deference to stripsqueez for the original over in the HUSH forum.

<font color="blue">Firstly - all the no-content police should stop reading now and go elsewhere for there is little here by way of education.</font>

The plan is get inside the minds of donkeys and guess their cards. Each week (although I reserve the right to opt out at any time, or take time off for any reason) I hope to post a silly hand and offer forum users the chance to play for $20 cash.

The rules of eligibility are:
(1) Only those who have posted in the last week in the small stakes forum
(2) Only the first 2 pages of replies (for my settings about 100), to avoid process-of-elimination and save my eyes.
(3) Only replies received BEFORE the results are posted!
(4) Suits count, the high card suit being the most important.
(5) In the event of no exact answer (wrong suit/s), I reserve the right to choose a winner or not, depending on how grumpy I am.
(6) Where duplicate correct answers are recieved the first-posted wins.

To this end it would be helpful for responders to post their guess in the subject line of their reply.

THE HAND

Table is fairly typical with most players quite tight and somewhat weak, SB is LAG. Donky has been at the table a couple of orbits and been limping into his hands, I have not seen him raise PF yet. I love to raise limpers and suspect this is a frustration-based LRR. His handle contains the word "jam".

$2/$4 Texas Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Naphand is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 <font color="purple">(Donky)</font> calls, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Donky 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Naphand caps</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, Donky calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Donky bets</font>, Naphand calls, SB folds.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Donky bets</font>, Naphand calls.

River: (10.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Donky bets</font>, Naphand calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Am I cracked? I will be back tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon to post the result... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

MrStretchie 08-05-2005 04:57 AM

44, so I don\'t have to guess suits..

That'd be.. 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

toss 08-05-2005 05:04 AM

23 hearts

So whats with not raising postflop?

baronzeus 08-05-2005 05:06 AM

Re: Crack the Hand for $20

J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

smokingrobot 08-05-2005 05:08 AM

5 Clubs, 6 clubs

5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Willluck 08-05-2005 05:22 AM

Re: 23 hearts

[ QUOTE ]
So whats with not raising postflop?

[/ QUOTE ]good point.

as for if op is beat...no way in hell. He probably has AK or K's, maybe a smaller pocket pair.

mack848 08-05-2005 05:29 AM

QsTs

Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

naphand 08-05-2005 06:08 AM

Clarification of the Rules

My apologies, this version of the rules should be clearer:

The rules of eligibility are:
1. Only those who have posted in the last week in the small stakes forum
2. Only the first 100 replies considered, to avoid process-of-elimination and save my eyes.
3. Only replies received BEFORE the results are posted!
4. Players should nominate suits.
5. There can only be 1 winner or no winner. Where two people have guessed the same value-cards (e.g. T9) the winner is chosen according to the following order of preference:
<font color="white">...</font>(a) the high card suit
<font color="white">...</font>(b) the low card suit
If only 1 player nominates the correct value-cards then suits are irrelevant.
6. Where duplicate correct answers are recieved the first-posted wins.

I don't want to be too draconian, but equally I think it is important that there is no guaranteed winner each week.

I will post the rules as a reply to the hand itself in future weeks, to avoid too much clutter in the OP.

NDHand 08-05-2005 06:41 AM

Re: Crack the Hand for $20

I don't get why you didnt throw a single raise anywhere in the hand.

Scotch78 08-05-2005 07:18 AM

7h3h

Scott