Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I predict a billion people focusing on preflop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307947)

jason_t 08-04-2005 07:26 PM

I predict a billion people focusing on preflop

Party 2/4. Table is 42.8/6.46/1.76.

Button is 18.5/6.1/1.5 and SB is 29.6/5.4/1.5. I don't have notes on these players and have only been at the table for one orbit.

Preflop: I am SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Five limpers to the Button, <font color="#cc3333">Button raises</font>, I call intending to check/raise most flops, BB calls.

Flop: (16.00 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000ff">(8 players)</font>
Checked to the Button, <font color="#cc3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">I raise</font>, BB calls, folded to the Button who folds.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000ff">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#cc3333">I bet</font>, <font color="#cc3333">BB raises</font>, I call.

River: (14.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000ff">(2 players)</font>
I....

Evan 08-04-2005 07:41 PM

Re: I predict a billion people focusing on preflop

BB seems pretty reasonable but too passive so here is what I think he can have on the turn:

KJs/o
K9s/o
J9s
QTs/o
KQs/o (maybe, but not likely)
JJ (maybe, he seems like a bit of a pussy)

Yea, so basically you're [censored]. Check/call.

ZenMusician 08-04-2005 07:46 PM

In my experience at 2/4 the turn raise means 1 of 2 things:

1.) He has hit 2 pair (or may have had J9 already)
2.) He is putting you on a heart draw (no raise pf)

The more I look at this hand I smell a flopped str8, but
it seems hard to put the BB on it with his agg# and the fact
that the button may have dropped out with your raise on
the turn so it doesn't make sense that he didn't re-raise there.

I am leading this river and calling any raise.

-ZEN

thejameser 08-04-2005 07:55 PM

i don't know what you do but i bet/call. nice table btw.

shant 08-04-2005 08:00 PM

For the bet/callers, what are you guys putting the BB on when he raises the turn that the river K changes?

carlosblack 08-04-2005 08:04 PM

Disclaimer: I don't know what I am talking about, feel free to correct me.

The story:
filve limpers who fold preflop: a lot of dead money.

Button preFlop: bet here can mean anything.
Button flop: bet here can mean anything. fold after raise confirms it. Nothing to see here.

Hero preFlop: call here from sb can mean anything. With AK and six people already in it is almost criminal to just call.
Hero flop: raise here means you don't have a made hand and want to force people out.
Hero turn: bet here means you think that BB is on a flush draw, it is necesary to check EDIT: I mean it is necesary to check if BB is on a flush draw. It is necesary to bet here. When BB raises you can discount the draw, he has a made hand two pair or better.

BB preflop: call here can mean anything.
BB flop: this call is bad news, with a draw he would raise or fold. I have to think two pairs or higher with six people to act behind him. A flush draw is also possible especially if he has the Qh. worse case scenario he has QT for a flopped straight.
BB turn: raise here shows the same made hand that you paid good money to see on the flop. At least you know that he is not chasing a flush draw.

On the river:
The flush did not come (you know BB does not have it, but he might have been scared of it). This is a very good card since BB will probably not have the last K. Probable hands:

Beats you: QT, 99, jj?
Losers: J9, two hearts, J6?, 96??

Your choices:
Well, you are not folding.
If he has two hearts he will not call a bet. with J9 he will. If he raises you are probably in trouble (but can't fold)
If you check and he bets calling and raising are both posible, you still don't know what he has.

The only way I make money from a bet is if he has J9, if I check he may bluff with nothing. I am check calling.

BWebb 08-04-2005 08:18 PM

Had a very similiar hand last night where I flopped top pair (aces). Action went bet-call, bet-raise-call. River was another ace and I thought to myself "that changed nothing". Same situation here, check/call.

PokerBob 08-04-2005 08:45 PM

icky. bb has a set and then a boat or maybe QT. check, call and puke

and blow away the field (or at least make them all make bad moves) pf by raising......there .....i said it

baronzeus 08-04-2005 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had a very similiar hand last night where I flopped top pair (aces). Action went bet-call, bet-raise-call. River was another ace and I thought to myself "that changed nothing". Same situation here, check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's different here, since BB's range includes j9, j6, and 96s. and we don't want it checked if we're ahead.

edit: oh yeah raise preflop

brettbrettr 08-04-2005 08:46 PM

The river changes nothing, check-call.

Why are you playing 2/4?