Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   TT on a flush flop turns me into a calling station (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307306)

DrewOnTilt 08-04-2005 12:36 AM

TT on a flush flop turns me into a calling station

Wow I played this hand like crap.

MP2 is a bit loose preflop - 35% VPIP or so - but I have not seen him get out of line with his raising hands. His range of preflop raising hands seems to be pretty much ABC poker-like.

MP3 is a calling station.

Somebody give me a better line, please. I'm thinking I should have raised the flop? And given the way the hand played, is a river value bet in order here?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Crveballin 08-04-2005 12:40 AM

Re: TT on a flush flop turns me into a calling station

I bet the river, but I am on a 200BB downswing so take it for what its worth.

HolyBejeesus 08-04-2005 12:46 AM

It's better to wait and raise a safe turn than raise the flop, because of equity concerns. The way you played it, you should bet the river.

damaniac 08-04-2005 12:59 AM

Waiting is fine, and I don't know about a river bet, at least one is on a draw so they fold, other has a pair they call with more than they beat you so I think we can find a thin value bet (easier b/c we can fold to a c/r without much thought right). Isn't the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] safe enough to raise though? I think I'd raise that, if called in two spots, I'd probably check behind the river as I don't think I'm getting called by worse made hands very often at that point.

Nick C 08-04-2005 01:13 AM

I think raising the turn is something to consider. However, MP2 did cap preflop and is going to have a bigger pocket pair a fair amount of the time, I think. Getting 3-bet wouldn't be much fun, because if you get 3-bet, there's a really good chance MP2's big pair contains a diamond and you're drawing to 0-2 outs, but I don't think you can fold, since he might just like his diamondless AA a lot and possibly he just has a set of jacks. However, if MP3 called two cold after a 3-bet, that would be troubling, but then again he's a calling station, so who knows?

On the river I guess that you should probably bet, but I don't think checking is so bad, really. Better hands won't fold, many worse hands will, and sometimes you'll get called by a better hand that's scared of the flush.