Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   shorthanded 20/40 I found interesting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306859)

Bartholow 08-03-2005 01:52 PM

shorthanded 20/40 I found interesting

Not much to say about this, just thought it was interesting. Seat 6 is pretty good, reasonably tight and tends to be VERY aggressive even in full games much less shorthanded. Seat 4 displayed calling station tendencies but is not terrible.

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.30 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___raises___raises

4th Street - (12.30 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (6.15 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

6th Street - (12.15 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (15.15 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds

Total pot: (15.15 BB)

jon_1van 08-03-2005 01:57 PM

Re: shorthanded 20/40 I found interesting

what did you think of 4th street?

SittingBull 08-03-2005 02:11 PM

Hello,Bartholow! Trying to CHECK-RAISE on 4th,Huh?? But..

in the process,U realize that U gave a dangerous FREE CARD. I can only imagine what went thru UR mind when the field checked [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Nice take down thou! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Hmmm
HappyPokering, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
SittingBull

Bartholow 08-03-2005 02:15 PM

Honestly I had a hard time knowing what to think. I think at the time I was going for a checkraise, though I might have been planning to wait till 5th to raise. At any rate, I can't see an aggressive player checking a 4 flush there, or slowplaying anything really, so I'm having a real hard time putting seat 6 on a hand. In the end I'd have to say he was just getting too fancy and decided to slow down. I'd say the bring-in probably has a pair of eights though it could be anything. All of which makes me not like the free card, though I like how big of a mistake someone with just a pair under queens will be making on 5th street if they put in two bets.

Bartholow 08-03-2005 02:16 PM

Hey Larry, been a little while...

You remind me that I should have cut off the part where everyone folded on the river. Probably even what I caught on the river.

beta1607 08-03-2005 02:23 PM

If you don't fill up on 7th do you still bet or check call? What about the value of checking 7th to induce a bet from an agressive player with either a made draw or enduce a bluff that you can check raise - or were you hoping to lead and be able to put a 3rd bet in?

hurlyburly 08-03-2005 02:26 PM

Yeah, that's some strange 4th street action. Can you remember any earlier hands that might have triggered this? I don't see how he could possibly read you for improving, so about the only hand I can give him that makes sense is pocket jacks that he got carried away with.

You sure pulled a number on 4, haha, he must have been sick.

SittingBull 08-03-2005 02:37 PM

Hmm slow-playing 2 Pairs on 4th VS 2 Oppos. is too...

dangerous . However,heads-up would be a 5th Str. check-raise.
Giving UR single Oppo. a chance to catch a small piece of the pie to tie him on is better than check-raising 4th--if U had the opportunity.
SittingBull

Bartholow 08-03-2005 02:55 PM

I was acting last on 7th. So yeah I'd probably value bet here even if I didn't fill, people don't seem to go for checkraises on the river often enough that I'd be too scared.

If I was acting first I would still lead out and hope to 3-bet I think (with the full). Of course this doesn't work as often as at hold'em, guess the weak-tightness isn't limited to this forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. And if I were acting first and not full, I might check or might bet (tricky question because with the ace in seat 4 I'm more worried about a value bet BUT that's what puts me in last position so...)

Bartholow 08-04-2005 12:42 AM

I like this line of questioning, anyone have any thoughts on my thoughts?