Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AA mutliway coordinated flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=305656)

08-01-2005 10:57 PM

AA mutliway coordinated flop

No reads. I need PV.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, Hero's action.

Towelie 08-02-2005 01:15 AM

Re: AA mutliway coordinated flop

What's up with the flop check?

Nick C 08-02-2005 01:17 AM

Ah, jeez. It looks to me like you're probably behind, without much in the way of outs. If somehow you're not behind, you probably have a lot of cards to dodge.

I think I'd just fold. We have three players showing interest, along with one person who cold-called three bets, and all it takes is for one JT to be out there to leave you drawing to a backdoor flush and a runner-runner boat. Even if the best hand you're up against is two pair, with this many players in who seem to like their hands, it's going to be hard to feel good about the board pairing.

Riskwise 08-02-2005 02:24 AM

fold

08-02-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's up with the flop check?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it sucked. My weak mind was thinking "this flop sucks, hopefully it gets to LP and he bets and I can raise him, ruh roh"

08-02-2005 08:02 AM

Just fold and steam for a bit.

mlb3zr 08-02-2005 09:56 AM

Well, it doesn't really look like you have many outs, so I don't hate getting out now, particularly since you're not closing the action. But I think it's a lot easier to play if you lead out and see what happens after you.

W. Deranged 08-02-2005 10:21 AM

I recommend that you not continue on with this hand.

Simply put: it just got bet, raised, and reraised behind you, on a board with plenty of big hand potential. You have one pair.

When you think of it that way instead of thinking about it as "I have Aces" it will seem much easier to fold.

And never, ever check this flop. That's just silly. If the flop gets checked through you are going to feel really retarded.

crunchy1 08-02-2005 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero's action.

[/ QUOTE ]
Punches himself in the nutz for not betting the flop and then caps.

Drizztdj 08-02-2005 10:43 AM

Fold and save yourself from the "I can't believe AA never wins" speech when someone turns over two pair/straight/flush/set