Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Can I fold here ? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=305415)

MadMat 08-01-2005 05:23 PM

Can I fold here ?

SB has been at table for one orbit, this is first hand he's played.

Looking back at this now all those calls look awful, educate me please I was really lost here, felt I had pot odds to call flop/turn but not enough equity to raise

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB

chaz64 08-01-2005 05:28 PM

Re: Can I fold here ?

I'm not sure what I'd do with this one. I'm trying to think of a PF raising hand that Hero beats, and I'm not coming up with much.

Rev. Good Will 08-01-2005 05:29 PM

why no raise on turn?

EDIT - upmost def beat on river as you know, but I'd call for sanity, and to see villian's 3betting standards

MadMat 08-01-2005 05:35 PM

Why would I raise the turn? I'm behind, and know it, so it's not for value, and I can't see him folding for one more bet here either!
I think even calling is marginal as spiking the straight could well only give me half the pot

Mat

@bsolute_luck 08-01-2005 05:40 PM

i'm assuming you lost?

actually, i don't mind how you played it. i hate the river card as most any 3-betting preflop hands have you beat, but i'll make the crying call for 1BB on the river- leak, maybe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

silkyslim 08-01-2005 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would I raise the turn? I'm behind, and know it,

[/ QUOTE ]
calling is the worst option, so fold then.

08-01-2005 05:44 PM

i think you should be folding on the turn, theres basically nothing you can beat but a bluff or some maniac raising with whatever. All your outs could easily be bad as well.

hizo1 08-01-2005 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please educate me as to why calling is the worst option here?

xenthebrain 08-01-2005 05:48 PM

I think you can call the turn, since you will be ahead some of the time with a pair of Qs and even if not you still have good odds to call for the OESD,
but I cannot imagine any preflop 3-bet hand that you beat on the river (except maybe agressively played KQs, and that's just for a splitpot).

@bsolute_luck 08-01-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please educate me as to why calling is the worst option here?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're behind and you know it, why would you call- i'm assuming Hero knows he's up against AK/Q or trips.

the OP might be speaking out of result-oriented thinking, but seeing as SB is unknown, looking at the hand, i can't be certain that he is behind. i do however think raising is a bad option unless you're willing to fold to a 3-bet.