Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   1/2 PLO River w/ Top Set: Check behind? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304765)

beset7 07-31-2005 09:01 PM

1/2 PLO River w/ Top Set: Check behind?

Check Behind is my standard move in this spot but I've been experimenting with making teaser bets to induce bluffs from aggro players. I checked behind here but I thought of making a littke 30-40 bet not for necessarily for value (as I think a busted broadway straight and/or flush draw is the most likely hand for my opponent, I'm discounting the runner-runner 6-high or wheel catch, if he c/r me with that so be it).

I was typing the hand and ran out of time so here:

The Hand

Next manually sorry.

joewatch 07-31-2005 09:16 PM

Re: 1/2 PLO River w/ Top Set: Check behind?

I think you should make a small bet here, maybe $25, which would get called by JJ.

beset7 07-31-2005 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should make a small bet here, maybe $25, which would get called by JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, good point that there may be value in betting the river. I probably should have included that I know the villain, he is a LAG and 5-handed I would have heard from middle-set earlier in the hand.

adam74 07-31-2005 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm discounting the runner-runner 6-high or wheel catch

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're discounting those two hands, is there any reason not to bet the river?

Acesover8s 07-31-2005 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody has JJ here.

beset7 07-31-2005 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm discounting the runner-runner 6-high or wheel catch

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're discounting those two hands, is there any reason not to bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm discounting them in the sense that they are highly unlikely given runner-runner. But still, I'd check behind because a reasonasble player is not going to call without the long-shot straight and will fold everything else.

RickyG 07-31-2005 11:44 PM

Unless you are playing very laggy yourself, I cannot imagine anyone would call you with a hand you can beat.

On a separate note, how much tougher is the competition on the $200 6 max compared with the $50?

beset7 07-31-2005 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you are playing very laggy yourself, I cannot imagine anyone would call you with a hand you can beat.

On a separate note, how much tougher is the competition on the $200 6 max compared with the $50?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah these type situations always seemed very basic TOP "Betting Heads up On The End" type situations where there is no +EV in betting. But as I transition back to playing mostly big-bet poker I often wonder in these spots if people are betting these rivers anyways to induce the 1 in 100 over the top bluff.

The 200 6max, like all PLO tables in general is hit and miss but generally good though I tend to find juicer tables at the 400s from time to time. The play is not that much better then the 50s just more aggression. A lot of short-buys can turn them into an all-in fest though and the tables often break quickly and the table texture can change rapidly.