Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Multitabling question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304755)

toby 07-31-2005 08:46 PM

Multitabling question

Do you split limits when you multi-table, or play all the same limit?

In theory, playing half 2/4 and half 3/6 should have the same result as playing 2.5/5, correct? So this might ease the transition to a higher limit on a smaller bankroll.

Or, are game styles at different limit different enough that you prefer to not split your attention that way?

I split limits about half the the time I play (mostly on smaller sites where there aren't that many games available), but it's irritating when you win your share of hands, but the wins come on the lower stakes table and the loses come on the higher table, leaving you down for the session instead of up.

(maybe the latter section of this post belongs in the Psychology forum, since it's just mental)

Thoughts?

Paxosmotic 07-31-2005 08:50 PM

Re: Multitabling question

You're going to be told to play all the same limit because the game play differs, but I think that if you stay within a limit, you're fine. I think 2 1/2 and 2 2/4 for example will be fine.

If you want my honest opinion, a person playing 4 tables should be able to open a .02/.04, a 1/2, a 5/10, and a 100/200. If you can't even remember the limit of the table you're clicking on and adjust your play accordingly, you simply should not be multitabling. That's me being honest.

Being a bit more sympathetic, I think that splitting evenly between two similar levels is very reasonable.

mlb3zr 07-31-2005 09:56 PM

I just don't multitable as heavily when I'm moving up. Sure, I lose a few thousand hands, but I think I get a far better feel for the new limit by being able to focus all my attention on just 2 or 3 tables.

gaming_mouse 08-01-2005 12:37 AM

toby,

if you want to improve your multi-tabling skills, change your damn location to kunta kinte already! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

good luck,
gm

RyGreen18 08-01-2005 02:08 AM

i have been splitting limits some, 2/4 and 3/6, but i have been doing it less and less. instead, i play for 2 hours at 2/4, take a break, and then play 2 hours at 3/6. i have 400bb for 3/6 and really should be playing there 100% of the time, but 2/4 has been so good to me....

Uglyowl 08-01-2005 03:03 AM

I like to play all the same limit... helps calculating pot odds easier when dealing with one set of #'s

Webster 08-01-2005 07:19 AM

I split - no problems. Just make sure you win at the higher one LOL.

Just make sure you are comfortable at both before you try it.

Grinderswarehouse - NOT just another BLOG