Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Live hand for review (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304584)

Percula 07-31-2005 03:49 PM

Live hand for review

Live private game, 5/10 NL with a 5000K cap. I have about 12K behind and have been having an incredible run of cards and have busted two short buy-ins and took a big pot off another deep stack and have only shown down the nuts on these hands. I have been switching gears and mixing it up, picking on the weak/tights and donking it up with the LAG.

This hand comes up after about an hour of playng with villian #1 and #2. Both want a peice of me as I have taken them off the better hand a couple of times and they "know it". V#1 has about 10K behind, V#2 has about 6K behind. Both have been trying to play a big pot with me and are normally fairly tight but with me they tend to loosen up a lot.

PF: V#2 is in MP and raises to 100 when it folds to him, folds to me in CO with black KK I pop it to 500, folds to V#1 in the BB and he flat calls as does MP.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], MP checks, I lead for 1000, BB quickly calls as does MP.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], MP checks, I check, BB leads for 2000, MP quickly calls...

Shaun 07-31-2005 03:54 PM

Re: Live hand for review

Fold and wait for a better spot.

esbesb 07-31-2005 04:00 PM

Why you would seriously consider anything besides folding is beyond me.

Rabid_Hippo 07-31-2005 04:02 PM

You're seriously behind. Fold and wait for a better spot.

07-31-2005 04:02 PM

i would fold. by the looks of it someone has an ace

Percula 07-31-2005 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why you would seriously consider anything besides folding is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of the metagame/reads up to this point.

MP raise to 100 (BS raise considering the stacks, but the table standard) means he has two cards. Likely his range with this raise is two paint cards, suited connectors, any ace or any paint card with a >6 kicker.

The flat call from the BB means he has a pair, two paint cards, or a ace. If he had AK, AQ or a pair >TT he would have RR.

The call of the MP player smelled weak and pissed, he wanted a peice of me bad and was willing to risk to do it.

The check on the flop and turn from MP smelled weak.

The 2000 bet on the turn from the BB smelled like the pair I put him on to start with, but not a set.

I think my hand is still good here. The hands that beat me now are a set which is unlikely and a weak ace, which is possible from MP, but unlikely from BB. Frankly I think if the MP had an ace he would have c/r the turn.

creedofhubris 07-31-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Live private game, 5/10 NL with a 5000K cap. I have about 12K behind and have been having an incredible run of cards and have busted two short buy-ins and took a big pot off another deep stack and have only shown down the nuts on these hands. I have been switching gears and mixing it up, picking on the weak/tights and donking it up with the LAG.

This hand comes up after about an hour of playng with villian #1 and #2. Both want a peice of me as I have taken them off the better hand a couple of times and they "know it". V#1 has about 10K behind, V#2 has about 6K behind. Both have been trying to play a big pot with me and are normally fairly tight but with me they tend to loosen up a lot.

PF: V#2 is in MP and raises to 100 when it folds to him, folds to me in CO with black KK I pop it to 500, folds to V#1 in the BB and he flat calls as does MP.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], MP checks, I lead for 1000, BB quickly calls as does MP.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], MP checks, I check, BB leads for 2000, MP quickly calls...

[/ QUOTE ]

The presence of TWO opponents in an ace-high flop leads me to think that you're only winning this with a massive bluff, and if they "want a piece of you" your bomb might called by a crap ace.

esbesb 07-31-2005 06:36 PM

You are thinking too hard, talking yourself into going forward with a hand where you are probably beat.

If you won this pot, congratulations, but you will lose it most of the time IMO.

technologic 07-31-2005 07:38 PM

MP has committed half his stack on a drawless flop.

your hand belongs in the muck.

arod15 07-31-2005 08:19 PM

Fold bad flop nothing else you can do pretty routine. I think you have to lead out on that flop.