Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party 3/6-Daytraders Retreat (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304281)

pauliewalnuts 07-31-2005 12:44 AM

Party 3/6-Daytraders Retreat

Everyone knows there are bugs with the party waiting list system. But I cannot get on the waiting list for this particular table(Daytraders Retreat). This is the second night I've tried to get on the waiting list and it simply wont let me. I've never had any problems on any other table.
Anyone else have a problem with this table?

StellarWind 07-31-2005 01:33 AM

Re: Party 3/6-Daytraders Retreat

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone knows there are bugs with the party waiting list system. But I cannot get on the waiting list for this particular table(Daytraders Retreat). This is the second night I've tried to get on the waiting list and it simply wont let me. I've never had any problems on any other table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Many levels have one unique table with this style of name that can only be directly accessed by genuine Party (i.e. non-skin) players. I've heard that skin players can be put on this table via the first-available wait list if they are lucky. "Daytraders Retreat #485246" is the $3/$6 hold'em table. Notice the pound sign and six-digit number. It's the tipoff.

I think it's a feature and not a bug, but no one has ever explained to me why these tables exist. Two wild guesses:

1. It serves some function for testing/troubleshooting the system. Someplace for Party engineering to try things out without involving the skins.

2. It serves a legal function by establishing that Party has a right to create ring tables that the skins cannot use. Like closing a private road one day per year to prevent an easement from forming. Of course in recent months Party has created a lot of Party-only tables.

Sintax 07-31-2005 01:33 AM

This table is only available to daytraders.

pauliewalnuts 07-31-2005 01:41 AM

Well, since I play on Eurobet and am nowhere near a daytrader, I suppose I'm screwed all around.

x2ski 07-31-2005 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Many levels have one unique table with this style of name that can only be directly accessed by genuine Party (i.e. non-skin) players. I've heard that skin players can be put on this table via the first-available wait list if they are lucky. "Daytraders Retreat #485246" is the $3/$6 hold'em table. Notice the pound sign and six-digit number. It's the tipoff.

It serves a legal function by establishing that Party has a right to create ring tables that the skins cannot use. Like closing a private road one day per year to prevent an easement from forming. Of course in recent months Party has created a lot of Party-only tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet analogy [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Are you in real estate?

johnnymac 07-31-2005 08:14 AM

On only a slightly related note, I've noticed that the table Crash n Burn ($2/$4) is not writing HH's to my harddrive. Doubt this is a problem with my set-up as all other tables work fine. Anyone know a reason for this?

Joe

RydenStoompala 07-31-2005 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
genuine Party (i.e. non-skin) players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the dorky question, but I do not pay a lot of attention to the variety of methods used to play online.

What are SKINS? I assume accounts set up via other sites, but what is the advantage in using them?

cokehead 07-31-2005 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On only a slightly related note, I've noticed that the table Crash n Burn ($2/$4) is not writing HH's to my harddrive. Doubt this is a problem with my set-up as all other tables work fine. Anyone know a reason for this?

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

This is because of the quotes in the table name. Crash "n Burn. messes up PT.

theblitz 07-31-2005 10:47 AM

I can think of 3 reasons of the top of my head.

1. Playing more than 4 tables at once.

2. Bonus whoring

3. Rakeback

Rudbaeck 07-31-2005 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

This is because of the quotes in the table name. Crash "n Burn. messes up PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it messes up the windows file system. File names with " in them (and whole bunch of other characters) are illegal. Thus party can't write the hand history file.