Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   SB v. BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303541)

mistrpug 07-29-2005 07:35 PM

SB v. BB

Party 5/10 (6 max), 5-handed

First hand at this table, no read or stats on this opponent.

I get A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB

Folded to villian in SB who calls. I raise, villian calls.

Two players to the flop for 4 SBs:
3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian bets out.

Give me a line for the rest of the hand.

weevil 07-29-2005 07:38 PM

Re: SB v. BB

[ QUOTE ]

I get A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB

3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villian bets out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barring a read, I think calling the flop and cr'ing the turn for a free showdown is the best line. I've seen this situation enough where the flop donk is just a stab by the sb to get overs to fold. If he fights back or donks the river I'll fold w/out a read if I don't improve.

JoshuaD 07-29-2005 08:33 PM

Readless I'll fold this and wait for a better spot. If he's [censored] around you can catch him next time. This board is far too uncoordinated for him to be on anything but a stone cold bluff here, and an unknown isn't there often enough, IMO.

If the 9 was a 7, I'd probably see a turn.

bdk3clash 07-29-2005 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Villian bets out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barring a read, I think calling the flop and cr'ing the turn for a free showdown is the best line. I've seen this situation enough where the flop donk is just a stab by the sb to get overs to fold. If he fights back or donks the river I'll fold w/out a read if I don't improve.

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems like a lot of chips to spew in a small pot with Ace-high. I fold on the flop and pay attention to whether SB is doing this more than he should, but I'm far from showdown-bound once SB bets the flop.

Lurker4 07-29-2005 10:29 PM

Readless, my standard play is to just fold the flop. I'd like to see if there are other lines that people take though.