Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Do you Scout tables before you Sit Down? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303065)

boose_bagina 07-29-2005 03:15 AM

Do you Scout tables before you Sit Down?

I play NL, and often times I'll scout the tables with the highest average pots looking for loose cannons before I decide to sit down and play. As hard as it is to sit down with them, because once you spot them it is often only a matter of minutes before they bust, it is definetly +EV to get a couple hands in with them if you can...and its nothin but a bonus if they decide to keep reloadin and try to win it back [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ...soooo, i guess the question is, do you guys, both NL and limit, scout tables before you sit?

tubalkain 07-29-2005 03:33 AM

Re: Do you Scout tables before you Sit Down?

Anyone who doesn't scout tables is a moran.

rusty JEDI 07-29-2005 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont scout.

Too much time wasted. I sit down at the table with the highest avg pot. If its not a good game i leave after as long as it takes to tell its not a good game. Its like scouting but getting time at the table at the same time.

Its all about hourly rate, not bb/100.

rJ

krazyace5 07-29-2005 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont scout.

Too much time wasted. I sit down at the table with the highest avg pot. If its not a good game i leave after as long as it takes to tell its not a good game. Its like scouting but getting time at the table at the same time.

Its all about hourly rate, not bb/100.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

imported_CaseClosed326 07-29-2005 04:25 AM

I play absolute, and there are no tables to choose from.

thesharpie 07-29-2005 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who thinks anyone who doesn't scout tables is a moran is a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

SavageMiser 07-29-2005 05:31 AM

I should qualify my "yes." On any site but Party, I take a look around and try to find the best table possible. On Party, it's damn near impossible to catch the dancing tables in the lobby, so I usually just join the generic list and do a search for my favorite fish.

rheaume 07-29-2005 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play absolute, and there are no tables to choose from.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, so why do you play there?

i hate playing there. tightest frickin players ever, especially the NL tables.

as is the general consensus, i go for the largest avg pot sizes, and move around accordingly. often times the avg pot size will drop dramatically after whatever fish just busted, so i check the lobby real frequently to make sure im on the best possible tables.

Reef 07-29-2005 06:01 AM

I kinda just sit down and scout after I sit. If it's truly a juicy table, the time it takes to scout will probably cost you a seat there.

pokerjoker 07-29-2005 09:42 AM

When I play poker it is usually from 2am-8am eastern time. If there are 4 tables even going on party 200NL i am happy.

When I do play during normal hours it is too tough to grab a table fast enough. I just sit and play 3 of them and then wait for a partilarily juicy table if a few of my "buddies" are playing.

out of curiosity how many bb/100 are you heavy scouters making?